lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2015, 09:17 PM   #1
JBuggie5
Not Yet Wild

Default 1994 EZGO Engine/Clutch Shot and Need Opinions

Late last fall my 1994 EZGO with Robins 295 started losing power. The kids ran it hard one day and ran it straight out of oil until it seized. A loud pop was reported and the cart was dead. The electric still wants to start but the starter can't rotate the crank. The clutch also will rotate but will not turn the crank.

I'm pretty sure things need to start coming out but didn't know what good options there were for a motor that has seized and a possible bad clutch. I've never rebuilt any motors but am handy with a wrench. I'm trying to figure out if I stand a high chance of getting a rebuild right on my first try or not. I don't get much time to turn wrenches any more.

Where do I start and has anyone ever had the same issue? What did you do?

-john
JBuggie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:28 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 EZGO Engine/Clutch Shot and Need Opinions

If it ran out of oil then you are probably looking at a seized engine only. Good news is they are easy to rebuild. To get it done you would be looking around 400 bucks "ish". If you want to do a drop in replacement then you could use the search feature of this site and look up CT rebuilds. They make a drop in replacement engine that is beefed up and runs around 700 bucks. The tech section at the top of the gas main page has the service and engine rebuild guides that will walk you through a complete rebuild. Good luck.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:27 AM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1994 EZGO Engine/Clutch Shot and Need Opinions

CT also offers stock replacements at around $600, like Cowboy said though for $675 You can go with their High-Perf 375cc engine, I have installed several of them over the last year or so and it's a VERY noticeable difference from the stock 295
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO