lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Sled Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2013, 03:36 AM   #11
hookm
Younger Than Dirt

Club Car

Default Re: Yam. SRV 540 swap into Columbia

Sounds good,I have a roll cage, 4point ,rear disc brakes & a V-twin,there's always something to add.I have more money in it than my truckhookm
hookm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #12
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

You are posting in the Sled swap section, that's why no one's looking. I posted mine in the main section because of that. I saw you replied to one of my threads and saw yours. This looks like it should fly, although I'd be pretty scared of that kind of HP in my G1. They are just not build to go fast and don't handle that great when under control, let alone when things get out of shape. Not sure about Columbia, but prob similar?

Sorry you had a crash. Glad no one is seriously hurt. When I was younger I used to jump anything with wheels. Got banged up all the time. But the last time was three years ago, crashed my mountain bike, man it seems like it hurt more than I remembered.....but no broken bones or real damage. Lesson.....don't crash.... LOL

Cool build man. Hope the crash doesn't discourage you!

Last edited by slonomo; 04-08-2013 at 09:54 PM.. Reason: edit
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #13
topshelf333
Getting Wild

Not sure what year your cart is, have you noticed the swingarm seems like its in upside down? When we extended my swingarm we flipped it over and put it in upside down, and it seemed great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1365477545331.jpg (38.5 KB, 0 views)
topshelf333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #14
Larboc
Getting Wild
Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
You are posting in the Sled swap section, that's why no one's looking. I posted mine in the main section because of that. I saw you replied to one of my threads and saw yours. This looks like it should fly, although I'd be pretty scared of that kind of HP in my G1. They are just not build to go fast and don't handle that great when under control, let alone when things get out of shape. Not sure about Columbia, but prob similar?

Sorry you had a crash. Glad no one is seriously hurt. When I was younger I used to jump anything with wheels. Got banged up all the time. But the last time was three years ago, crashed my mountain bike, man it seems like it hurt more than I remembered.....but no broken bones or real damage. Lesson.....don't crash.... LOL

Cool build man. Hope the crash doesn't discourage you!
Yep, it is scary as hell! I think I've tracked down a few options for atv front ends for it. I'll take a look at them once the 4 feet of snow melts. The leaf spring lower link IFS columbia front end get's pretty squirrly at high speeds. I feel like a good ATV front end (with brakes) would be a worthwhile addition. And yes, I'm still a little sore on my left side!

As for the swing arm flip, I like the idea but I already welded the motor mounts to the swing arm that's there. I could modify the swing arm or the mounts, but in all honesty I don't think I still want to lift this thing for two reasons. 1) It is already really tippy for the HP. 2) I want to be able to take it golfing

I'll have to get a video of the start/stop in forward and reverse and put it up, I'm proud of that little feature. Makes it all worthwhile to have it once again operate like a stock golf cart with a way better fun pedal!

thanks!
Larboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yes we are watching, I had a SRV years ago. If you ever find a PSI pipe for it, get it on there. Sounds nice, though I hope its not that loud through that big muffler? It is a different swap as most carts have the engine transverse except the old 2 stroke ezgo. Seems to run ok for just getting it together.

Hey the snow is 99% gone down here, but spring is taking its time arriving.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #16
Larboc
Getting Wild
Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Yes we are watching, I had a SRV years ago. If you ever find a PSI pipe for it, get it on there. Sounds nice, though I hope its not that loud through that big muffler? It is a different swap as most carts have the engine transverse except the old 2 stroke ezgo. Seems to run ok for just getting it together.

Hey the snow is 99% gone down here, but spring is taking its time arriving.
Yep, that's out of the big muffler. However I have now added the silencer from the srv's pipe to the end of the big muffler and it did some kid of magic. The exhaust note is almost silent now.
The biggest source of noise is now coming from the air filter. I'll get an air box out of a car on there this spring.

Yea, those with the transverse mounted engine carts have it much easier than me. I couldn't justify paying that much for a golf cart though so I got this one. It was setup longitudinally stock. I guess not just ezgo did that.

It runs better than "ok" now. I'll have to get a video of it one of these days. Forecasting 8-14" of snow tonight though, so it may be awhile. Golf cart tires don't do well in snow, at all.

I'll keep an eye out for a PSI pipe, I've heard they do wonders. I'm not really in any big rush to get more power out though. It's scary enough as it is.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #17
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

That is wicked. I can't wait to see the rest.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #18
KoogarKiller
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Cool Build!! Glad to see you got the Starter hooked up to the sled mill... I am trying to figure out a way to put one on mine ... thinking about putting a small pulley off the primary clutch bolt and running it off of there... Should keep me from having to make the little 440 produce enough juice to charge a battery and run some LEDs
KoogarKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #19
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Car mufflers need a tailpipe to work right, that could be why it was better when you added something after it.

The psi pipe is only 10hp more or whatever, but it makes it run much better. It took less gas, was way more zippy at part throttle. I could ride all over at 1/4 throttle. There was not much difference from half to full throttle, about the opposite of the stock pipe. I also put a high altitude clutch kit in, it was almost a neck snapper with that and the pipe.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #20
Larboc
Getting Wild
Columbia

Well the snow on the streets finally melted this weekend despite the 4 feet on the ground everywhere else.

Was going to get a video of the parcar as it sets now but I was playing around with it on friday and pulled a brand new gates 5710 drive belt apart (There was an old gates 5710 on it when I got it so I assume that's the stock golf cart belt PN). When I went to pick it up it was just warm, not hot. It wasn't overheating and the alignment is good, it's just now built with nearly as much cord as a snowmobile belt. I'm going to try and warranty it and get a replacement to have as a spare, but I need to find a much stronger belt now that I've got dry pavement.

The belt didn't shread, it looks like some body cut it apart with a knife in the middle.

I crammed a bridgport milling machine belt in it just so I could re park it, but I need to find a stronger belt the same size as the stock golf cart belt.
TOO MUCH POWER!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Sled Engine Swaps