lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2020, 10:33 AM   #801
Rangerbeh
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Bombardier NEV owner exchange

See last post, couldn’t figure out how to delete.
Rangerbeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2020, 03:39 PM   #802
Rangerbeh
Not Yet Wild

Got 2 other questions. Anyone know what size the battery tray bolts are? It appeared to be 1/4” but it’s not 20 or 28 threaded. Of course my bolts from my 97 are missing and it looks like they just pass through the threaded fiberglass of the body into the round metal tabs glasses into the battery tray. Am I missing other parts? That seems like a very strange way to do it. It’s weird it’s not bolted in as that’s a lot of weight being supported. So the battery tray is being supported by the threads of the blots?

Also an update I got my battery pack together and I’m individual pre charging the battery’s before adding them in the chain. I’m also adding a remote disconnect (to reduce battery draw when parked) to the 12v accessory battery and remote charging terminals as well. I’m thinking of adding remote terminals for the 72v side as that way the system can be externally charged even if the onboard charger goes bad. Would the 72v pack need a disconnect as well? Or would that little amperage on the battery side not affect the charger if it’s not in use?
Old 09-01-2020, 05:30 PM   #803
ewpwbwi
Getting Wild

I think the tray bolts are metric. And it is a lot of weight but it is a sheer load you are looking at.

A disconnect on the bank of batteries is not a bad idea as long as you have access to everything now.

The ambient temp would prob have more effect on the bank of batteries than non-use drain. at least in hot weather

If you run right after individual charging of the batteries you may notice incorrect readings on the
“gas gage” until the batteries are level charged which is the 2nd stage of charging of the on board charger.

Being a pilot, by any chance do you do any drone flying?? just asking....

Last edited by ewpwbwi; 09-01-2020 at 05:33 PM.. Reason: add info
ewpwbwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:24 PM   #804
Rangerbeh
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks I figured it might be metric. To keep everything simple I’m going to do a disconnect on the 12v and remote terminals for the 12v and 72v systems. Hopefully my onboard charger and controller are good, I’ll find out this week 🤞

Haven’t messed with drones much I’ve almost hit 2 over the years.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:21 AM   #805
ewpwbwi
Getting Wild

one additional thing, you might like to install two volt meters, they give you a better idea on battery usage/reserve during quick starts. you can just run wiring while all is apart then add them in the future. you can get digital meters for about a buck and a half, on ebay. there is a earlier post of my 2nd installation, I think its somewhere around post 200-300. for first meter installation :
for pix's click on:
ewpwbwi
then click view public profile
now click on the albums picture

Last edited by ewpwbwi; 09-02-2020 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: add info
Old 09-02-2020, 05:34 PM   #806
Gocarman
Not Yet Wild

Was wondering what engine people are using for conversions to gas?
Gocarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 11:41 AM   #807
ewpwbwi
Getting Wild

I think they keep a small can of gas in the trunk...lol
Old 10-19-2020, 09:53 AM   #808
Rangerbeh
Not Yet Wild

Well I finally got the new batteries hooked up (charged 2 weeks ago) and seem to have run into an issue or two. the charger kicks on and sounds like it’s doing something, the fan is running for sure but the main battery pack is drawing down slowly from the 77v it was at, not charging. I am sure the battery discount switch in the back is on. I also tried a function test of the motor to make sure it would work and all I got was beeping and a low battery level indication. No movement of the wheels forward or reverse. I’m going to disconnect the batteries and top each off then immediately try again. am I missing something? I wouldn’t mind buying a new charger if I know it works just starting to worry something else is wrong. Oh by the way it has 23 miles on it 🤣
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 195F39E3-2897-4241-BAFD-19304A8073BC.jpeg (47.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpeg B6AA5315-C5DA-47C3-AEAD-3426F0DF7D5F.jpeg (65.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-19-2020, 09:56 AM   #809
Rangerbeh
Not Yet Wild

This is what battery light was flashing realized the picture was mid flash the battery indicator bar by full is also flashing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 55EB394E-4E7E-400C-8553-B3763695D5AF.jpeg (69.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-19-2020, 02:50 PM   #810
Rangerbeh
Not Yet Wild

Ok the 40amp fuse before the auxiliary battery was bad now the aux battery is charging but the main battery pack is charging really really slow. I think I saw an in-line fuse connecting to the smaller positive wire of the main battery pack I’ll try replacing that. Also do I need the controller to tell the car there’s new batteries? Just because I’m still not getting wheel movement. Thanks

Any thoughts on why the main batteries don’t seem to be charging or why the car won’t drive. I did check the accelerator petal does make an electric click when pushed. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CDFCC176-D31C-4046-B983-33DC66EF4408.jpg (71.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts