lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2020, 09:25 PM   #11
sockeye342
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lithium Pack not charging, but solution is found

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Well...(or Welp)....if you have bypassed your existing relay and the charger worked, then I would install the relay you referenced https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...Fynnn5YA%3D%3D and see how that plays out.

At least, that's what I would do.

FWIW, I use that same relay....but the 48V version.
Thanks Dave, I am going to give that a shot

Jeff
sockeye342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2020, 06:33 AM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Unfortunately It does look like the Zeva HV relay is not working properly.

Did You already try to power OFF/ON the Zeva BMS to see if it clears the problem?

If You already did that, You can remove all doubts by just disconnecting the two wires that go to the Zeva HV terminals and connecting them to each other.

After that when You turn the charger ON the relay should click and start charging.

You will have to disconnect those wires at the Zeva HV to disengage the Solenoid as the Solenoid will remain closed even after the charger is OFF.

How often do you put the BMS to sleep?

As I mentioned once closed that HV Solenoid would remain powered even with the charger powered OFF so unless you put the Zeva to sleep it would have kept a constant load on the Zeva small Solid State Relay.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:40 AM   #13
sockeye342
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Unfortunately It does look like the Zeva HV relay is not working properly.

Did You already try to power OFF/ON the Zeva BMS to see if it clears the problem?

If You already did that, You can remove all doubts by just disconnecting the two wires that go to the Zeva HV terminals and connecting them to each other.

After that when You turn the charger ON the relay should click and start charging.

You will have to disconnect those wires at the Zeva HV to disengage the Solenoid as the Solenoid will remain closed even after the charger is OFF.

How often do you put the BMS to sleep?

As I mentioned once closed that HV Solenoid would remain powered even with the charger powered OFF so unless you put the Zeva to sleep it would have kept a constant load on the Zeva small Solid State Relay.
Sergio, you are a magician with electronics. I disconnected the HV connection to the BMS and its ground, connected those two together, plugged in my charger and the relay kicked in and it started charging the pack.

Now I have to contact Ian about a replacement for the BMS, unless you have some other magic up your sleeves??? :)

Thanks
Jeff
sockeye342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 12:05 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am afraid not, but did You try the power off and on on the Zeva BMS in case it is a software latch?

Also, when you turn the charger off the Solenoid remains engaged so if you leave the Zeva out of sleep mode for days after the last charging cycle that would heat both the Solenoid and the Zeva Solid State Relay.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium