lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2020, 12:36 PM   #1
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Default 2017 Precedent build

My local club was getting rid of their 2017 carts and replacing them with 2020’s. These carts originally came with the Club Car batteries but they started failing recently. Club Car sent all new Trojan Motive batteries to replace the bad batteries. I was able to secure a cart for my 1st build with 6 new Trojan batteries for $2500.

Day 1 I installed a GTW Mach3 rear seat after taking a whole lot of plastic parts off the cart.

Next was the SGC 6” lift kit. This went on pretty smooth with not too many surprises.

Next was the light kit. Man I was about to pull my hair out with this light kit. First I tried to use a 36/48 reducer and run it to a distribution block. After 3 hours of getting everything hooked up, my reducer had no power output. All I could figure out was the $20 china product must have been DOA. The next day after doing some reading on here, I realized the lights will run off 16v so I went ahead and hooked up the lights without a reducer.

Next was the wheels. This is one of the Steeling tire/wheel kits.

This is where I’m at today. Rear seat, lights, lift and wheels. Total invested so far is about 10 hours of labor and $4800.
I have a 16 to 12 reducer coming, as well as a 48 to 12 reducer/distribution block. Haven’t decided if I want any 12v accessories other than headlights. Don’t really have any more plans at the moment as this will mainly be a neighborhood cart with light use in the woods.
bbbdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2020, 04:56 PM   #2
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2017 Precedent build

Edit. $3800 invested
Old 10-01-2020, 10:31 PM   #3
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

You did a great job and for a great price! I love the Steeling wheels and am considering buying them. Hope you enjoy your cart for many years to come.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:36 AM   #4
bbbdale
Gone Wild

My parents also bought a cart from the club and wanted it modded also.

Got a few things ordered and started working on it yesterday evening.

This one didn’t take near as long as the first which made it much more enjoyable. Did almost everything based on memory. 4 hours to install the lift kit, tires and rear seat. Light kit and bucket harness going in today.

Old 10-05-2020, 09:50 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Those tires appear to have a directional thread pattern, it appears the Front passenger side wheel should be swapped with the driver rear side wheel.

The pattern should look like a "V" when rotating forward.

Looking good
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:22 PM   #6
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Those tires appear to have a directional thread pattern, it appears the Front passenger side wheel should be swapped with the driver rear side wheel.

The pattern should look like a "V" when rotating forward.

Looking good

Thanks. I’ll have to look at that when I get home. Never thought to look at that.
Old 10-07-2020, 03:35 PM   #7
bbbdale
Gone Wild

Got the tires going the right way on both carts. Delivered my parents cart to them yesterday.

Local dealer who scooped up the club carts started listing some today. We have $4000 a piece in ours.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides