lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!
Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's! Side x Sides, ATVs, Quads, Bikes, Jeeps, 4x4, and everything else.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2020, 06:43 PM   #1
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

Default ryobi electric zero turn mower

anyone have or looking to buy one of these ryobi 48v zero turn mowers?

homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-42-in-100-Ah-Battery-Electric-Riding-Zero-Turn-Mower-RY48ZTR100

my 15 year old craftsman lawn tractor is using as much oil as gas lately. i'm in the market for a zero turn for 2 acres. actually i'm good with a lawn service for now, swmbo wants a mower. the more i read about this mower, the more i want one. it's 4 motors, what can go wrong?

_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2020, 08:18 PM   #2
DanRoss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: ryobi electric zero turn mower

I don't have one but I'd be interested how you like it if you end up with one. I currently have their 40v handheld stuff and push mower but plan on moving to a bigger yard after the kid graduates high school and will need something like this.
DanRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 10:12 PM   #3
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

That looks cool! Recently I moved to Kansas and it seems the grass needs mowing a lot! In the stable is a: Grasshopper 61” diesel, a Dixie chopper 50” and a Home Depot 42” . The Grass hopper is in the shop, the Dixie chopper is in need of a lot of maintenance, and the Home Depot model is too small for our purposes, but it gets used since it works! We are at a church camp with about 60 acres to mow - so we’re under gunned. Looking forward to hearing how the electric works out for you!
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 11:45 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

If you buy this please keep us updated. 2 acres is a lot of grass. I cut about 4 1/2 with a Kubota diesel tractor with a 5 foot belly mower and wish i had something a little bigger.

Their claim of 3 acres on one charge sounds like a bit much to me.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 09:30 AM   #5
DanRoss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Their claim of 3 acres on one charge sounds like a bit much to me.
3 acres of short grass... My Ryobi push mower came with the 5ah battery, if I mow every week during the grow season I can do my lawn on half a battery. If I try to mow two weeks of growth I'll kill the battery and have to pop in one of the others for the last few strips of grass..
DanRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 11:25 AM   #6
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

One MAJOR thing to consider is the replacement cost of the mower batteries.

This mower is using 4 x 12 volt batteries in series. They are a Leoch (12-Volt 100 Ah) Non Spillable Sealed Lead Acid Battery.

From what I read, battery life on these mowers is a concern and a very high battery replacement cost measured in $ per year may be experienced.

If you are considering buying this mower, read IN DETAIL both the "Question & Answers" and "Customer Reviews" sections of the following link to understand what concerns that actual owners of this mower are experiencing.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leoch-Ba...-100/309073002
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 12:14 PM   #7
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

it has 4 motor and 4 controllers. charger looks like an ezgo charger
batteries are wheelchair batteries. probably other brands available
like any agm battery it needs to be charged regularly
it claims 2 hour mow time, i may need to light a fire under swmbo's fanny :)

i read a lot of reviews on hd site and youtube, most are 5 star. the 1 & 2 star ratings you can tell are real idiots.
one guy claimed they were unstable cuz he pulled a wheelie backing off a tall trailer on a steep hill. can't fix stupid.

Quote:
I cut about 4 1/2 with a Kubota diesel tractor with a 5 foot belly mower
2 neighbors with 6 & 10 acres started out with belly mowers on tractors, both have upgraded to zero turns. they mow faster and are more agile than the tractors
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!