lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2020, 06:19 PM   #1
dtunruh
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 Eve Fairplay Acceleration Problem

Hello. I recently inherited a 2009 Eve Fairplay. It quickly accelerates but instantly slows to a crawl. It has a D&D motor, 48V that I assume is stock. I want to install a new speed sensor but am having no luck finding one. Is there a compatible speed sensor that is for another golf cart? I wanted to try this because I don't want to buy new batteries and have the same problem.
dtunruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2020, 06:42 AM   #2
mikec35
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2009 Eve Fairplay Acceleration Problem

How old are the batteries? I'd start by checking each batteries voltage individually and making sure the cable connections are clean.
mikec35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:30 PM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Batteries are not your issue if it accelerates normal and then slows down. A simple meter test would prove that out.

Could be speed sensor, could also be a solenoid on that cart. If you can find a scan tool, that will take all the guess work out of it.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:00 PM   #4
dtunruh
Not Yet Wild

They are Trojan 8V batteries. Code on the neg terminal in D5. I am guessing that is April 2015. After charging the batteries all night on the Fairplay charger that came with the cart each battery is reading 8.3 volts. The terminals are all clean and cables tight. I notice that the Curtis guage only shows a charge up to about the third bar. I'm guessing that means the batteries are not charging fully or are bad. Would my assumption be correct?
Old 08-24-2020, 03:48 PM   #5
dtunruh
Not Yet Wild

So, to my original question, does anyone know what replacement speed sensor works with this cart? I just want to put a new one on and see what happens.
Old 08-26-2020, 02:32 PM   #6
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

You could cut the end off and splice the correct connector on. Thats not what I would do, and if your wrong, then you have two speed sensors with the end crimped on.

Find a scan tool and not guess, or just pay someone to scan it
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 06:08 PM   #7
dtunruh
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Golf Cart Guy. I appreciate your post. Does a direct replacement not exist for this cart? I am not sure why I would splice one unless that is the case. This cart was something that I did not purchase and I really don't need so I am just trying to make it useful around the farm. Thanks again. I just don't want a nice thing my father-in-law enjoyed to go to waste.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:00 PM   #8
dtunruh
Not Yet Wild

Replaced the speed sensor. Part number MOT-1002 for Admiral Motors. Fixed the problem.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay