lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2020, 06:21 PM   #1
Nairod
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default 81 Cushman truckster rear axle seals?

I would really love some help here.

I have an 81 (898444-8110)truckster 4 wheel, it has a sort of pickup bed. I had a rear brake cylinder leaking so I pulled the drum ( quite a battle) and started looking at things.

I found the remains of a seal around the axle, right up against the axle bearing. There was only a ring of rubber with a tiny metal spring embedded around it. No outer seal remained.

I've tried researching but it's confusing. The axle diameter is 1.050 but I haven't found any Cushman seals that small.

Additionally, I don't understand how a seal will work when there is a keyway cut into the shaft where the seal seems to need to ride.

I've got new brakes and cylinder, but I don't want to have it gush oil when I button it up. The parts house clerk wasn't knowledgeable enough to sort it out.

I sure hope someone has some solid info for me. Thanks!

Nairod
Nairod is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2020, 10:01 PM   #2
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: 81 Cushman truckster rear axle seals?

Axle bearing seals are pretty standard and come in many sizes. With the inner and outer diameters (old seal-if possible) you should be able to get new seals from auto parts stores and Industrial Supply Companies like Grainger, etc. Power transmission and bearing suppliers exist in many large cities across the Country that should be able to help you as well. I haven't needed seals for my Truckster rear axle, at least not yet, but I have found seals like these without knowing the part numbers, by taking the remains of the old seal and the accurate measurements of both the shaft and seal opening to one of these sources. Auto parts houses are closer, so I would start there.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts