lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2020, 04:39 PM   #1
mlj427
Gone Wild

Default 2010 Star headlight switch

The headlight switch on my star will only work if I hold pressure on it let go and all of the lights go out. You can’t get just the switch you need to order the whole turn signal, horn, headlight switch assembly. Looking to find which wires go to the switch so I can buy a universal headlight Switch and mount it on the dash. Anyone have a wiring diagram with the colors of the wires? Any help would be great.
Thanks
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-15-2020, 11:45 AM   #2
servpro
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2010 Star headlight switch

As for them telling you you cant get just the switch is total BS unless its not actually the switch, but the fact that it works if you hold pressure to the switch makes me assume its the switch.

There is a wiring diagram posted somewhere on here. But you really don't need it. It should be simple, just a basic rocker switch (On-Off) 2-wire switch. Just pop off the front panel and you will see the wires.

Your problem will be finding a matching rocker switch. You might have to just replace all of them (switches are really cheap, so probably like $10 for a 5 pack if you order from amazon or online).
servpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:05 AM   #3
mlj427
Gone Wild

Wanted to give the outcome of my headlight problem. I figured out the wiring and cut the wires pulled them down the steering column. Then I pulled them up under the drink holder and installed a switch there. Works great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E7CA56A8-9E46-41F4-906B-076C6B572B15.jpg (220.8 KB, 0 views)
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:39 AM   #4
mikec35
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj427 View Post
Wanted to give the outcome of my headlight problem. I figured out the wiring and cut the wires pulled them down the steering column. Then I pulled them up under the drink holder and installed a switch there. Works great.
Thanks for positing a final outcome. Glad you got it worked out.
mikec35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 03:53 PM   #5
Dgagno1
Not Yet Wild

I have the same issue with my 2010. Can you help me out with the wire colors? Thanks
Dgagno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay