lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2020, 10:05 AM   #1
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Redline Stands Golf Cart Lift

I was searching high and low for an affordable lift to use for my golf cart projects as well as my lawn mower and atv's etc. I've considered at least a half dozen lifts but none met my criteria, as follows:

1. convenient - had to be easy to use and quick to deploy, highly portable
2. space saving - needs to take up as little shop space as possible
3. capacity - has to have the ability to lift at least 1500 lbs
4. low tech - could not be the least bit complicated to use
5. stable - must be able to hold a golf cart/atv steady at work height
6. cost - definitely had to be "affordable", for me under $1000

Well, this is what I ended up with....

The RL175 by Redline Stands
https://www.redlinestands.com/catalo...ft-jack-p-2799

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDtGEBXFlAA

It fits all the criteria I need for a cart/atv lift, and the best part, it's only $599 with free shipping to a commercial location. I placed my order Friday night. I'm hoping it will arrive at the depot this week. I will give a full review when it comes in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Redline_RL175_Lift_Jack 1.jpg (100.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Redline_RL175_Lift_Jack_14 2.jpg (306.1 KB, 0 views)
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2020, 10:07 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Redline Stands Golf Cart Lift

One thing I liked about this company was the owner. He makes his own YouTube videos and they are outstanding. He also gives some opinions on different things he uses in his shop, which I found to be helpful. Check out his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/RedlineStands/videos

Here is a video where he makes a really nice dump bed for his Club Car. It's one of the nicest dump beds I've seen. He gives a time lapse of the build, very well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOw8wu2g4QY
Old 08-09-2020, 10:09 AM   #3
oldphart
Getting Wild

Club Car

Please do give us a review. I'd be all over one if it's stable and does the job.

Jim
oldphart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 10:00 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldphart View Post
Please do give us a review. I'd be all over one if it's stable and does the job.

Jim
Jim I'm guessing I will need to add some length to the lift bars. Probably not much, maybe 10" or so. I don't think they are quite long enough for my cart. I already have a plan for that.

I also think I'm going to add some adjustable feet to the lift bars. That way I can lift on uneven frame surfaces.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:30 PM   #5
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Jim I'm guessing I will need to add some length to the lift bars. Probably not much, maybe 10" or so. I don't think they are quite long enough for my cart. I already have a plan for that.
In the video, it is noted that the lift arms usable length is about 28.5”.

Extending the lift arm “10 inches or so” will reduce the lifting capacity of the unit but more importantly may also negatively affect the stability (and safety) of the unit.

I caution you that could result in a dangerous lift operation especially as you reach the rated lift capacity of the unit.

You may want to discuss your particular lift requirements with the manufacturer before attempting any modifications.

I just had a look at the lift photos and noticed that the lift arms barely get much past the middle of the cart. I would not be lifting any ATV or golf cart with this unless the lift arms were engineered to fully support the frame on BOTH sides of the cart.

Stay safe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Redline_RL175_Lift_Jack_12.jpg (57.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Redline_RL175_Lift_Jack_14.jpg (58.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Redline_RL175_Lift_Jack_15.jpg (61.9 KB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 06:06 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeCW View Post
In the video, it is noted that the lift arms usable length is about 28.5”.

Extending the lift arm “10 inches or so” will reduce the lifting capacity of the unit but more importantly may also negatively affect the stability (and safety) of the unit.

I caution you that could result in a dangerous lift operation especially as you reach the rated lift capacity of the unit.

You may want to discuss your particular lift requirements with the manufacturer before attempting any modifications.

I just had a look at the lift photos and noticed that the lift arms barely get much past the middle of the cart. I would not be lifting any ATV or golf cart with this unless the lift arms were engineered to fully support the frame on BOTH sides of the cart.

Stay safe
Thanks for your concerns, and valid ones they are. I'm not talking about adding more weight to the lift, same weight, just increasing the length of the arm to reach the other frame rail on the cart. I said 10", but it might only be 5", I won't know until I get the lift and try it out.

The lift capacity is 1500 lbs. My use will not be near that. My cart, wet, weighs less than 800 lbs. Most ATV's I use weigh less than 700 lbs. Most small equipment I have is in the 200-300 lb range. My lawn mower is 600 lbs.

Also, to clear curiosity, my good friend is a structural engineer and I'll have him take a look at it. My father is also an engineer, so I think I've got the engineers covered lol. I'm not too worried about it with a capacity of 1500 though.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:12 PM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Today I got the Redline RL175 cart lift jack. It was packaged/crated nicely and shipped by FedEx Freight, had to pick it up at the local terminal about 20 minutes away.

I was able to get it out of the bed of my truck with my engine hoist, fairly easily.

The lift was boxed up in a sturdy wooden pallet crate, and wrapped up with bubble wrap. It arrived without any damage whatsoever. The actual shipping time was 4 days from Florida to Ohio.

Assembly took about 15 minutes, just had to install the handle, pedal, and air hose.

The finish on the jack is a nice standard glossy black powdercoat. The welds look good. It's heavy, about 230 lbs I think it said. Rolls around nice and smooth. The pedal operation to jack it up is very easy and smooth. The release/lower pedal also smooth and easy. Very nice unit. Very pleased.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg redline 4.jpg (252.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg redline 3.jpg (246.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg redline 2.jpg (229.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg redline 1.jpg (225.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-12-2020, 05:18 PM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I tested the jack on 3 different vehicles. First on a Polaris Scrambler atv. Then on an Ezgo Txt. Then my G1 cart. The jack lifted all 3 with ease. Once lifted it felt very stable and I was confident the vehicle wouldn't move around. Also it was very easy to move the jack around while the vehicles were lifted, I could do it one handed. Very smooth.

The G1 in the photos weighs probably near 800 lbs if I had to guess. It's a gas cart with a fabricated atv front suspension, fabricated rear lift and suspension, fabricated swingarm and engine mount, and a 23hp Vanguard engine. It's not stock by any means. The engine cradle/swingarm is dropped so I had to use support blocks on the lift jack to level out the cart, just some scrap lumber I had laying around. It worked fine, although I'll probably make something that fits over top of the lift arm and stays in place better, but it worked well and felt stable.

The tires are 17" off the ground. The frame/rocker panel is 37" off the ground. With the cart lifted to max height I have full access to everything under the cart if needed. I'm not sure I'll be laying under there or not lol, at least not without some other kind of jack stands, guess I'll have to get some of those.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g1 redline 4.jpg (307.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg g1 redline 1.jpg (283.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg g1 redline 2.jpg (279.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg g1 redline 3.jpg (249.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-12-2020, 05:28 PM   #9
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

At this height I can sit on my little roll around padded mechanic seat and work on the wheels, tires, brakes, and suspension very easily, without laying on the ground. Very happy with this addition to the shop.

Here are the videos using the lift:

Lifting Polaris Scrambler ATV

Lifting Ezgo TXT

Lifting Yamaha G1
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop