lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!
Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's! Side x Sides, ATVs, Quads, Bikes, Jeeps, 4x4, and everything else.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2020, 12:30 PM   #1
Hooptmac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Sizuki sidekick - 4 door

Anybody fool with the Suzuki Sidekick or Samurai?

I have a vandalized 4 door sidekick that we keep at the deer lease. All the windows, and glass had been broken, and it sat for quite a few years. We got it running, new head gasket wheel bearing and header and misc other pieces. It backfired and make loud noise like maybe it blew out the muffler. Now it has lost a lot of power.

I think maybe the muffler internally collapsed and holding too much back pressure, and maybe timing caused it? My son thinks it is valve clearance.

Any experience and recommendations are appreciated.
Thanks.
Hooptmac
Hooptmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2020, 02:27 PM   #2
oldphart
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Sizuki sidekick - 4 door

Had several. @amned thing will run forever. Muffler....or converter is plugged. Remove one or the other, ignore CEL. God himself can't kill one of those things. After the apocalypse....they'll still all run. Don't get me started on the Samurai with the fuel-injected Ford V6 I built years ago. Genuine kill-yourself-kit. Get the women and children offa' the streets......

http://msdra.com/Fordzuki.htm

You gotta' grow old....but you don't gotta' grow up. I'm a prime example.

Jim
oldphart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 03:39 PM   #3
Hooptmac
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Sizuki sidekick - 4 door

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldphart View Post
Had several. @amned thing will run forever. Muffler....or converter is plugged. Remove one or the other, ignore CEL. God himself can't kill one of those things. After the apocalypse....they'll still all run. Don't get me started on the Samurai with the fuel-injected Ford V6 I built years ago. Genuine kill-yourself-kit. Get the women and children offa' the streets......

http://msdra.com/Fordzuki.htm

You gotta' grow old....but you don't gotta' grow up. I'm a prime example.

Jim
Luv it!

Looked at a Sami with a 1.8L? fuel injected motor that PO had installed. Ran great! It had a lift with SOA and I had to jump to get into it. I wanted to buy it just for the motor! I'm not sure the owner new what he had.
Ill check muffler, no converter!

Dave
Hooptmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
samurai, sidekick, suzuki
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!