lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2020, 07:30 AM   #11
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bad Boy Buggy accelerator pedal issue

In regard to the recall item, My cart is at Tracker right now awaiting the accel pedal upgrade. They say the part is in back order or not in stock. Ezgo had to provide these. Tracker has bought ezgo's BBB deal. So, Ezgo, Tracker, or maybe Breland might have one.
49ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2020, 08:38 PM   #12
95EASY
Not Yet Wild

Try Hagler Golf Cars
He is the most knowledgeable person I know when it comes to Bad Boy
903-738-5499
Good Luck
95EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 02:49 PM   #13
slanetx
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone know where you can get the pedal assembly? Does Textron make any?
slanetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 08:59 AM   #14
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have my BBB home now and am using it. It goes forward and reverse well. The odd part is slowing down it gets out of sync and kicks controllers out, so you have to put in neutral, shut key off, then on, and put back in forward. It has to have a certain sequence to run most of the time, like neutral-key off-then key on then forward.
Weird to me, but it runs. And without a throttle replacement, which I gave up on finding. It took me quite a while to figure out how to flip switches to get this thing going. But not being a genius to redo the controllers or hearing from Alltrax about a solution they were supposed to be working on..
Old 10-13-2020, 02:49 PM   #15
abayham
Not Yet Wild

I'm fighting the same issue on a couple of Bad Boys circa 2009. We've had the integrated foot switch functions on two accelerators go out, which the controllers use as a safety feature (the foot switch has to toggle before going from Neutral to Forward or Reverse) so now the carts won't go. The 0-5v signal coming from the module still works normally as can be seen in the Sevcon controller programming. I can even "fake out" the controller by unplugging the accelerator and plugging it back in to toggle the foot switch and then the cart will run until it wants the foot switch toggled again.

We did have the pedal recalls completed on our carts, and the replacements seem to be an application-specific Comesys MTS7 series pedal and module. The EZ-Go part number is 616127 "XT Accelerator with Pigtail" but the cost for the entire assembly is $400+, so I've been trying to work with Comesys to get just the module that attaches to the pedal. I haven't had any luck because the model number stickers on all our accelerators have long-ago worn off and they're a Korean company so I'm having to communicate through a US distributor and Comesys insists they need the exact model number.

Does anyone have a Bad Boy accelerator pedal with the Model Number sticker still intact that you can send me a picture of? Or has anyone found a third-party accelerator module that would work as a replacement with the Sevcon controllers? From the wiring diagram I have, the module seems to take 12V input voltage, and has two output signals, one counting up from 0-5V for 0-100% pushed while the other counts down from 5-0V, and an integrated Normally Open foot switch that closes whenever the pedal is pushed. There's also a pigtail installed which does still have the sticker intact, and I'm not exactly sure what it does other than maybe regulate voltage on the signals between the accelerator module and the controller?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Accelerator - 2.jpg (193.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Accelerator - 4.jpg (190.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pigtail - 2.jpg (196.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 1.37.26 PM.jpg (12.5 KB, 0 views)
abayham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 09:21 PM   #16
ghuru453
Not Yet Wild

I'm sure most will roll their eyes as if to say "NOT AGAIN" but i have searched and searched with no concrete answers. I have a Bad Boy XTO and have spent hours trying to diagnose a problem. My issue is the rear motor isn't working. We are almost positive it's in the wiring but we can't find a wiring diagram. Please if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Once we figure it out i will post the steps we went through to fix it. Thanks
ghuru453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 07:40 PM   #17
waltinbatonrouge
Not Yet Wild

Hi Guru and abayham..deepest sympathies on the BBB passing through your hands.

I was having similar grief as you, initially in not being able to find a wiring diagram after a ratfest under the dash and $300 worth of service time at a local "cart shop" that left the key switch completely disconnected and a number of wires pulled out of plug jacks. yes a giant mess.

Anyway, I finally found the diagram that matched the 48v section of the machine, posted here, then I re-wired the 12v control section to match the skizz. Yes, it took a bunch of time, but at least i know where what goes where.

This BBB came with the upgraded accelerator control and now the contactors click... just have a couple more connections to make and should be good to go...
Gotta get this demon spawn out of my shop, and to think I finally got it unscrewed...At least I hope!

more later waltinbatonrouge
Attached Files
File Type: pdf wiring diagram BBB Classic.pdf (53.8 KB, 0 views)
waltinbatonrouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:31 AM   #18
waltinbatonrouge
Not Yet Wild

an update..The machine is up on jackstands, got everything connected per the drawing.
the rear wheels turn and accelerate , but no front drive
B+ and B- at front contactor for about a second, then contactor drops out after accelerator is pushed.

Controller throws the 4 flash code.
shut buggy off

put B+ and B- to contactor, no click, will order new contactor Monday.
For funsies, removed top on contactor, leads rotted off. the contactor has seen water.

walt
Old 11-28-2020, 09:33 AM   #19
waltinbatonrouge
Not Yet Wild

all done..thanks for your help gents...
walt
Old 11-28-2020, 10:27 AM   #20
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

the new contactor fixed it?

Tags
bad boy buggy help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts