lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-24-2020, 09:52 PM   #1
Kwh3rd73
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 with big block drive belt size

I have a 1999 g16 with a 23 hp vanguard and don't know what size belt I need. I took mine off to replace the dean input shaft after breaking mine and I swear my kids used it for something stupid. Anyway really need some help guys
Kwh3rd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2020, 04:23 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 with big block drive belt size

With engine swaps, there really is no standard belt. Can you measure the one you have? Are there part numbers on the old belt?

If you don't have the old belt, just measure the center to center distance on the clutches, there's a belt calculator here somewhere.

You could also measure with a tailor tape/seamstress tape. Wrap the tape around the clutches like the belt would sit. That will get you close. If you have any adjustability in the engine mount you should do ok.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:25 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 with big block drive belt size

With the belt on at rest (or a tape or string) the belt would be inside the primary and at top of secondary. You should be able to push the top of belt down in slack of about 1.5" in middle of belt.

I made the mount for my 420 to fit stock G9 belt and it worked fine for years. Eventually I put a comet clutch on it and the belt was too tight. The foot on 420 was hitting the trans shifter I could not move it back more. I ended up getting a polaris scrambler belt its same but next longer size. I had to look up belt sizes and all that. You should have a 1 3/16 wide belt I believe which is very common width most all carts use other than club car with the 1".

If you can find out if you have a swap kit in your cart, the kit maker may have the right belt for it. Vegas and CPP both make them far as I know. If someone made the mount then hard to say, or use the formula posted in stickies to get size based on clutch distance. Buy a cheap belt that size and see, if it works buy a better one and you have a spare. Many atv and sleds use this width belt.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps