lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2014, 10:08 PM   #1
thetoddjohnson
Gone Wild

Default Which would you stretch?

I want to stretch one of my carts so I can put on a 4-door enclosure from Edmunds Metal Works. The 2 carts I have are a 1994 36V Club Car DS, and a 2007 48V Yamaha Drive. (Eventually the Club Car is going to be upgraded to 48V, but the drivetrain and batteries are in good shape so that conversion isn't going to happen for another year or 2.)

I do not have the ability to weld either steel or aluminum, so I'm going to need to outsource that part regardless of which cart I pick.

I'd be interested in hearing if there are any compelling reasons why it makes more sense to stretch one vs. the other. Right now I'm leaning toward the Yamaha, but the only reason is because the F/R switch is on the dash so it can say where it is. The Club Car F/R lever is under the seat that is going to become the back seat, so it would need to be relocated.

Any other major reasons to consider which to stretch?

Thanks
thetoddjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2014, 12:06 PM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which would you stretch?

no go on the club car to much fab and then the constant worry that you could twist the frame and the yamaha looks better with a seat pod
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:28 PM   #3
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Default Re: Which would you stretch?

Not sure of the cost involved to stretch a cart, but would it be cheaper in the long run to sell or trade one towards a cart that's already stretched?
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center