lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
jason0025
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 Cub 48V Won't run

I received this cart with the batteries dead. I jumped out the charger to get the batteries to the 32v needed to get the charger to start working on its on. Now I have the correct voltage but the cart still won't run. I was told it was like this before it was stored though. When you put it in forward it does nothing and in reverse it just buzzes but won't go. Any info on where to start checking would be very helpful. Thanks. Newbie
jason0025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 Cub 48V Won't run

What electrical system does it have? Series or Regen2? Series will have lever type F&R switch and Regen2 will have a rocker switch for F&R accompanied by a Tow/Run switch under the seat.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason0025 View Post
I received this cart with the batteries dead. I jumped out the charger to get the batteries to the 32v needed to get the charger to start working on its on. Now I have the correct voltage but the cart still won't run. I was told it was like this before it was stored though. When you put it in forward it does nothing and in reverse it just buzzes but won't go. Any info on where to start checking would be very helpful. Thanks. Newbie
does the charger come on? it needs more than 32 volts for charger to come on..........what is pack voltage after charging? if its not say 49 volts it may not do anything.....so when you answer davids questions if you could take some voltage readings from each battery and than total pack......also what voltage drops to when load is applied........( pressing pedal ).......................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
jason0025
Not Yet Wild

It has the F & R switch so I'm guessing series on the batteries. Yes the charger comes on and it charged. I will recheck the battery voltages and check the load and get back with you guys. Would jumping out the solenoid and resetting the computer need to be done also? Thanks for you help
Old 02-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Jumping out the solenoid may make it run, but let's figure out why it's not clicking to begin with. I'm correct by assuming the solenoid doesn't click, right?
Old 02-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Jumping out the solenoid may make it run, but let's figure out why it's not clicking to begin with. I'm correct by assuming the solenoid doesn't click, right?
Old 02-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #7
jason0025
Not Yet Wild

The solenoid is clicking. I've reset the computer. Still no movement
Old 02-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

ok even a clicking solenoid can be bad you can try jumping it see if cart runs..........be careful.......................
Old 02-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

pull the yellow and green wires off of the controller. You'll see them located near the edge plugged into the blade terminals. Insert the probes of a multimeter into the end of the wires. You want to measure for resistance. You should get 5K ohms at no throttle and range to 0 ohms at wide open throttle. Try this with key on and shifter in forward. Let me know what you get.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car