lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Help with identifying this EZGO AXLE please?

Hello everyone. First, I would like to say thank you for all the useful information from everyone on BGW. I am currently building my cart and have a quick question. I have a electric 1995 medalist that I am building for my hunting club right now. I want to add the posi traction unit to the rear end for increased traction (probably the one from Plowmans). The problem is that all the traction units out there are for the 98 and up models. I saw a post by Madoc1 where he took the gears from a newer model axle, put the posi unit in, and then installed it into his current axle. I am planning on doing the same thing, especially since I have a friend that said he will give me an axle from an electric 1999 ezgo. The problem is the axle does not look like mine and I just want to make sure they are the same and if not will it work anyway. Thanks in advance for any advise. Also, this is my first post so I am going to attempt to post pics so bear with me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo dif.JPG (59.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg ezgo dif 2.jpg (6.2 KB, 17 views)
Superman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with identifying this EZGO AXLE please?

thats a marathon axle 94.5 and down the way you tell is how the shocks are mounted and the moved the brake lever from the top of the backing plate to the bottom.
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #3
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cool, thanks marathon man. I guess the axle won’t work then. My friend swore it came out of a 99 TXT and it even has a date on it: 08-05-99. Oh well, I guess I’ll keep looking.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

super, if i knew how to add pics to a pm i would have. i thought i started a thread but can't find it. this is what will need for your diff. notice the difference in the two carriers. pick up a diff. with larger one-99+
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01263.jpg (121.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01269.jpg (96.2 KB, 8 views)
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #5
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Madoc1, These are the pics I saw before. Too bad the axle I thought was a 99 is older than the one I have. I guess I’m off to craigslist to start scouting.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO