lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Sams batt sale vs lithium decision

So next weekend the May 12th Sam’s club is having a one day sale and all batteries are $20 off. Yes I know they’re not great but $80 for 8volt or $480 pack if you pair them with a good float charger like Yewey they should be ok for a while.

I’ve been putting off my voltage upgrade waiting for lithium to stabilize both in price and parts. My current pack is from 2012 and charges to a little over 80% and I let to go months with out charging(my bad). So I’m thinking I can do the alltrax upgrade with cables, charger and batts. Then in a few months or years I can sell the batts, unused cables and charger.

I know I’m not the only 36 volter with this dilemma. If I was already 48 volts it would be a no brainer to buy some time and get the alltrax boost.

Cart is a DCS and I definitely hear the warnings Scotty has put out about the stock motor on 48v. So I’m thinking of changing the motor also. FSIP speed has a 10% increase in torque so will it combined with the extra 12 volts make up for the 22” tires. Or should I go with the FSIP torque and hope to get 25mph with added volts and tires. I’m on and off road with slight hills and occasional to rare steeps. My plan was speed motor while losing 350lbs with lithium to make up extra torque.

Last edited by CrazyDad; 05-06-2018 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: Tire size
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2018, 10:04 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Sams batt sale vs lithium decision

You will be real happy with a 400a Alltrax, 2g cable set, and Admiral B2 motor for street and occasional off the road hills etc. Over 25 mph on 22" tires
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 09:28 PM   #3
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDad View Post
So next weekend the May 12th Sam’s club is having a one day sale and all batteries are $20 off. Yes I know they’re not great but $80 for 8volt or $480 pack if you pair them with a good float charger like Yewey they should be ok for a while.

I’ve been putting off my voltage upgrade waiting for lithium to stabilize both in price and parts. My current pack is from 2012 and charges to a little over 80% and I let to go months with out charging(my bad). So I’m thinking I can do the alltrax upgrade with cables, charger and batts. Then in a few months or years I can sell the batts, unused cables and charger.

I know I’m not the only 36 volter with this dilemma. If I was already 48 volts it would be a no brainer to buy some time and get the alltrax boost.

Cart is a DCS and I definitely hear the warnings Scotty has put out about the stock motor on 48v. So I’m thinking of changing the motor also. FSIP speed has a 10% increase in torque so will it combined with the extra 12 volts make up for the 22” tires. Or should I go with the FSIP torque and hope to get 25mph with added volts and tires. I’m on and off road with slight hills and occasional to rare steeps. My plan was speed motor while losing 350lbs with lithium to make up extra torque.
That's a good price on the batteries. If you do what scottyb suggested above you will not be disappointed. I started out with the XCT400 and it was a huge increase over stock but what really woke my cart up was the voltage increase along with the B2 motor. My cart now does 27 mph and gets there in a hurry.
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:40 PM   #4
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

just replaced the stock motor on my bosses txt it's lifted but 36v and a 400 amp xct the motor was fried bought the Admiral mot b2 from Scotty and the big solenoid. He can now
go 42 0r 48v and he loves it just hope he stays at 36v.

thanks again Scotty
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:03 PM   #5
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The problem is the photos and videos of members here wheeling their carts. Man I want to do that! I want to be the neighborhood rebel!

Ok now that’s out of my system I’m going to scope out a few Sam’s and make sure they have fresh batts all produced in the same month. I’m going to go with the alltrax 500 in case of later upgrades unless I shouldn’t. The B2 wins, only reason I was looking at FSIP was a thread that said the torque motor went 29 mph and maybe newer tech. Thanks for letting me know the b2 gets 27 mph that’s all I need.

Also the 6volt batts will be $65! this Saturday, I don’t need the extra run time with a 8x6 volt setup.

I’ll start a build thread on the cart to get help with it.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:36 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

CrazyDad....Last fall I built my nephew a DCS....although he wanted and got a 500 amp Altrax (Scotty's DCX 500a PKG) and a MOT-B2 motor.....and on 48v it runs 25 mph all day (its on 23" tires)
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:46 PM   #7
MichaelClayshulte
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the heads up on the battery sale! I have been delaying getting new ones for 6 months now, can barely make it to the neighborhood pool without losing half my charge! 6 years on a set of trojans wasn't bad though!
MichaelClayshulte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:40 PM   #8
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sir Nuke, thank you and Camelot Custom Carts for doing that in depth build. I looked forward your updates. I just re-read it and found the pdf very cool.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:17 AM   #9
Sideways
Gone Wild

I bought my 8v batteries from Sam's back in March, lucked out 5 of the batteries are stamped 1/18 and the 6th battery is stamped 12/17. All of the other 8v batteries they had were stamped 4/17.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:41 PM   #10
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

So Sam’s has a pallet each of the 6 and 8 volts batts with a 5/18 sticker. I might take my volt meter and check them to match voltage, overkill?

Also they have a $20 off promo on car batts that’s just started that goes on for a few weeks. The golf and marine batts are $20 off on this Saturday ONLY, just don’t want anyone to get confused. The guys in the tire center don’t know about it yet even though the flyers are out in the store. If you don’t have a membership I think you can get a one time pass if they still do that, call first.

I didn’t order my stuff from Scotty yet so I’ll be pushing my cart around for a week.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO