lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2022, 05:09 PM   #1
brunson67
Getting Wild

Default 2000 Club Car DS 3" Spindle Lift Help

Hello,

Wondering what the maximum tire size is that I can fit on my 2000 Club Car DS with Jakes 3" Spindle Lift. I have aluminum 12" ITP rims.

Thanks,

Rob
brunson67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2023, 04:39 PM   #2
Forty01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2000 Club Car DS 3" Spindle Lift Help

The link below provides some good info on what you’re looking for. If you scroll down a bit you will see the chart that lists all the carts and what you can do with your lift.

https://golfcarts.org/golf-cart-whee...omplete-guide/
Forty01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 06:13 AM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty01 View Post
The link below provides some good info on what you’re looking for. If you scroll down a bit you will see the chart that lists all the carts and what you can do with your lift.

https://golfcarts.org/golf-cart-whee...omplete-guide/
I understand where they are trying to go, but I also see some misleading information there. For example: " If you own a Club Car, EZGO, or Yamaha, you’ll be able to get away with an 8” all terrain tire without a lift kit." Then in the next section use 22 x 11 - 8 as an example of an all terrain tire. There is no way anyone will fit a 22" tall tire on any cart without a lift.

Later they do explain a 22" tall tire will need a lift, but they may confuse the very "newbies" they are trying to help.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 10:52 AM   #4
Forty01
Getting Wild
Club Car

This is where the old adage RTFM (read the frickin manual) comes into play
You can absolutely can use an all terrain tire on a non lifted cart with an 8” wheel but only to a certain size. When you scroll down just a tad further from that paragraph they give you a chart for what lift is required to go up in size per cart. I feel they did a pretty good write up… you just have to read it instead of going off half cocked.
At any rate I hope it gave you the information you need to make a good choice for your cart. Best of luck.
Forty01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts