lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default I need wiring info for a Taylor-Dunn

It's for a T-D C4-10 Towmaster, later model, its 36 volts. Runs great but has 12 volt items; lights, horn, wipers, turn sigs & etc. However, NO 12 Volts. Where does it all tie in? It speaks of the 12 volt options being wired into the battery pack but no wires.

Also, does this vehicle use a large "fork lift type" battery pack? I have 6, 36 volt batteries in it now.

I cant find info anywhere.....

Here is what the vehicle looks like:

http://taylor-dunn.com/07vehiclesfor...townmaster.htm

Thanks for any help.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2007, 01:32 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: I need wiring info for a Taylor-Dunn

WOW! I was reading the specs....
Quote:
The Model C4-10 can tow loads of up to 12,500 Ibs. at speeds up to 7 mph. The two-seat C4-20 is slightly wider, has a larger motor, and can pull up to 20,000 lbs
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:09 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: I need wiring info for a Taylor-Dunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
WOW! I was reading the specs....
Yup..... It's a real load puller. We got it for the museum in an effort to replace a golf cart which is used for our train engine on our "kiddie train". We have only one problem with our golf carts being used for an engine. They won't complete a parade downtown without having to be swapped out midway in the parade with the second golf car.

The batteries run out of power, and the golf cart creeps to a stop. Funny thing is, once the golf car is disconnected from the train, we can still run it all day long with one or two people in it, but it doesn't have the power to pull the train again.

I'll bet this Taylor-Dunn will pull it all day long and then some......
Your right, the specs are awesom!

It's already BNSF orange so we will probably, eventually, do a little paint trim on it and build a little box on the back to make it resemble a miniture locomotive that looks something like a small, stubby locomotive.

I got it from our good ole military defence property disposal system and it has one and one tenth hours on it. Never has been "broke in".

They obviously couldn't repair it so it sat for several years. It wouldn't run forward but only reverse. Yessir, it was a bad solenoid. However, it came without a battery pack, (which would not have been any good anyway) and no charger.

I almost wish we had another one already.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts