lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2019, 06:43 PM   #1
ThaWrenchPuller
Not Yet Wild

Default '05 Precedent Run Away Motor Situation...

Hi, First off, I'm sorry for the long paragraph, but I need a second opinion. I have a 2005 Precedent that was non-operational. It would intermittently make an attempt to move, as if the solenoid was dropping out. While on jack stands, and testing things with a multimeter set to DC, I connected the probes to the small input connectors on the solenoid. Batteries at 51volts, and with the tow/run switch in the run position, keyswitch on, and the FNR switch in forward, I pressed the accelerator pedal four times. The first press, nothing, which is normal for a club car, I know. Second press, nothing. Still kinda normal. Third press, clicks twice and tires rotate slightly. Fourth press, wheels start rolling like there's nothing wrong with the cart. So I hold it for a minute to see if it's gonna shut down on it's own, when all of a sudden, it starts to run away, like a diesel engine. So I let go of the pedal, still going full send. So I shift to neutral, still going. Next I try the keyswitch, still going. Then I flipped the tow/run switch to tow, and it is still going, to which I hear the windings in the motor seperate and making an awful noise. At this point, the wheels are going so fast, the cart is starting to vibrate so hard, it's about to jump off the jackstands, so I grab a wrench and disconnect the batteries and it finally, gradually slows down until it comes to a stop. What would you suspect that would cause this?
ThaWrenchPuller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car