lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2019, 11:37 AM   #1
Guyger
Not Yet Wild

Default 89 ParCar G4S bogging, runs on choke

Hi Guys,

Newbie here, but I kinda know my way around some things, but this golf cart is giving me greif and the wife is breathing down my neck to get it going at the campsite lol.

I recently bought a 89 ParCar G4S (VIN 5K 20257C9) and it was backfiring when letting off the throttle. I managed to get that fixed by adjusting the throttle linkage. It ran fine for a little bit but then I took it for a spin and it would lose power on me and just kinda sit there and idle / bog, even if I had the throttle pushed to the floor. If I pulled the choke, it would eventually regain its power. I figured it was the carb that needed cleaning and I read in this forum that it's suggested to swap out the stock carb for a mikuni - which I did - but still no change. I've tried to adjust the carb. I have the screw out 1/4 turn and it runs better, but will bog and I need to pull the choke to get it to come back again.

I thought maybe it's not getting enough gas, but the new mikuni carb has an overflow hose and I get quite a bit ofgas coming out of it, so I figure that's not the problem? Could it be a leak between the carb and the block? I didn't change a gasket, didn't really see one except for a big plastic spacer.

Any suggestions on what to try next? Is it normal for quite a bit of gas to come out of that new carb's hose like that? Should I clean and put the stock carb back on and try to get it to work?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Guyger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar