lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2019, 07:48 AM   #1
StinkyVonFishStix
Not Yet Wild

Default club car serries or iq?

I currently have a 2003 Club Car DS with the series system it has the 3.1 horsepower special service motor in it now. It has a lift with 14 rims with 23 inch tires I'm currently doing about 16 miles per hour. My father-in-law has a 2002 that's completely stock never been lifted only used on a Golf Course Club Car DS IQ system I'm assuming it's the IQ system it's the one with the motor with the sensor on the back of it. The batteries just went bad in his and I can get this thing super cheap would I be better off using that system and upgrading it or keeping my current system and upgrading it? If I can get his for 500 bucks that's pretty much half the price of upgrading my buggy buggy with all the bells and whistles. I'm only looking for around 20 to 23 miles per hour. I was thinking if I just upgraded the sensor in the back of the motor or got the speed setting adjusted on his buggy I'd come out cheaper. Any thoughts? All I'm wanting to do it's put his motor and controller and all the good stuff on my buggy I already have two gauge wires
StinkyVonFishStix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:46 AM   #2
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: club car serries or iq?

If all you are just wanting to get your 2003 running 20 to 23 mph, you could do that with a Plumquick bandit motor for less than 500. I did that with my 03 series cart and could run 22 all day with stock controller and 205/40/10 tires. Might want to check that option out.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:34 AM   #3
StinkyVonFishStix
Not Yet Wild

it's about 400 after shipping and taxes I live in s.c so I'm subject to tax(sucks) 40 to ship to him 40 to ship back and 275+tax for the work. As a side note to that the things I've been hearing about Plum quick are not fabulous. I just assumed if I can get that out of a stock motor built to do that might would be a better option and that would leave me my series motor and controller as a backup God forbid something should happen. And also if I want to go Plum quick route he claims he can do more with the IQ motor in terms of speed. last and finally I could also put all my series stuff on the old buggy and sell it easily for 500 and come out free and clear
Old 07-10-2019, 09:51 AM   #4
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Sounds like you got it figured out then
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #5
StinkyVonFishStix
Not Yet Wild

How does it sound like I got it figured out? The question hasn't been answered is it a good idea? Is the IQ system going to be better than the series system?
Old 07-10-2019, 11:58 AM   #6
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyVonFishStix View Post
it's about 400 after shipping and taxes I live in s.c so I'm subject to tax(sucks) 40 to ship to him 40 to ship back and 275+tax for the work. As a side note to that the things I've been hearing about Plum quick are not fabulous. I just assumed if I can get that out of a stock motor built to do that might would be a better option and that would leave me my series motor and controller as a backup God forbid something should happen. And also if I want to go Plum quick route he claims he can do more with the IQ motor in terms of speed. last and finally I could also put all my series stuff on the old buggy and sell it easily for 500 and come out free and clear
Someone offered an opinion/option with real world experience, and you shot it down and came up with your own solution. You figured it out.

You're question is open ended. SepEx and Series carts are apples and oranges.

What are your intentions with the cart...work cart? Only on road? Off road trail riding? Is it hilly in your area? How much you wanna spend or are you more concerned with braking even?

Questions need to be answered first.

If you're only concerned with getting to 22-23mph; Like Frizbgolf stated, the Bandit upgrade to your series motor will get you there and with your 23" tires probably a little beyond. If you want to use the IQ cart, going with an Alltrax XCT controller alone will get you there.

Is PlumQuick within driving range for you to save on S/H? They may not answer the phone the first time you call, but they've always replied to my emails and Robbie's been top notch with any question I had. Plus you'd be hard pressed to find any members on here who use their motors and are dissatisfied regardless of what you've heard lately.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:58 PM   #7
StinkyVonFishStix
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the detailed reply that's exactly the kind of answers I was looking for. I was under the impression that you could get 22 23 out of an IQ system without any major modifications, such as a new controller. That being said and now knowing this I guess Plum quick will be my best route. Also I've spoken with Robbie he sounds like a very nice guy it just seems like the reviews I have read online are very hit-and-miss. I've read a lot about his Motors not performing to what was promised and gave me second thoughts.

So I got on Facebook and looked up Plum quick and messaged everyone with a plum quick motor on their buggy for sale which was quite a bit. Not one person had a bad thing to say, so I'm probably just running across unpleasable people on the internet. Thanks again for the help
Old 07-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #8
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop