lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
dewy
Getting Wild

Default Seats

while i wait the 10 days for my carb kit to come in, i need to make new seats... the wooden bottoms on the bottom (*** Seat) were failry rotten so they need to be re cut with new wood. We kept the foam insert for them as they were still in good shape... the vinyl was cracked so it needs replacing as well.. the backs need to be re vinyl'ed as well... is there a easier way to build new seats? or cheap seats you can buy? i have no problem re upolstering the seats, but if there is a cheap alternative to having to do this i would probably consider that... i can order marine vinyl off ebay for $10 a yard (i would only need 2 yards i think) and i got good plywood to cut the seat bottoms already, but it would probably take a few hours atleast... if i could find two individual seats (*** cushion and back cusion) for under or around $50 i would rather go that way... or if anyone has a simple way to make seats any info would help!!
dewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2010, 03:57 AM   #2
jeggers
Gone Wild

Columbia

Default Re: Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewy View Post
while i wait the 10 days for my carb kit to come in, i need to make new seats... the wooden bottoms on the bottom (*** Seat) were failry rotten so they need to be re cut with new wood. We kept the foam insert for them as they were still in good shape... the vinyl was cracked so it needs replacing as well.. the backs need to be re vinyl'ed as well... is there a easier way to build new seats? or cheap seats you can buy? i have no problem re upolstering the seats, but if there is a cheap alternative to having to do this i would probably consider that... i can order marine vinyl off ebay for $10 a yard (i would only need 2 yards i think) and i got good plywood to cut the seat bottoms already, but it would probably take a few hours atleast... if i could find two individual seats (*** cushion and back cusion) for under or around $50 i would rather go that way... or if anyone has a simple way to make seats any info would help!!
Redo the stockers it will cost less than $30 and you have tem days to do it.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/desig...uild-seat.html
jeggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:57 AM   #3
jeggers
Gone Wild

Columbia

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/desig...eat-build.html
Old 04-15-2010, 03:58 AM   #4
jeggers
Gone Wild

Columbia

:worth less:
Old 04-15-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
dewy
Getting Wild

haha, i got pics on the digital camera of the cart... i am going to post the before and after when we are finished.. were going to paint the cart with spray paint as well (thinking about going with black for the cart... and getting red vinyl for the seats) ive read on here how to paint with spray can paint.. so i hope i get that right....... we hope to be done the whole project in two weeks... as long as the carb kit comes in before then... and we will be ordering the vinyl off ebay.. so it all depends on how long that stuff takes to get to me
dewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #6
HuntinBuggie
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I just rebuilt my front seat, and rear seat.... Got Marine Vinyl from JoAnn Fabric store here in Texas, it is on sale, and the foam is as well... Got foam and vinyl for $60 for both seats, and backs....
HuntinBuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
HuntinBuggie
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I used card board to make the template, and then 1/2" plywood for the base... Some Thompsons water seal, and it turned out great.....
HuntinBuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:10 PM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Check out fishing boat seats. They look good, will hold up and reasonably priced.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:01 PM   #9
Craigs carts
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

I'll second the boat seats. $70 for the pair and you'll loose about 20-30 lbs
compared to using the factory seats.
Red seats look good on the black carts. thats what is gonig on my black cart. along with the red rims and red tiller cover.
Craigs carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #10
jeggers
Gone Wild

Columbia

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson