lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2020, 01:33 PM   #1
AubAlum0509
Getting Wild

Default Loss of power after intalling new throttle control

On my 2001 Club Car, 48V, my MCOR throttle controller went bad. I replaced it, but now the cart does seem to go that fast. I can put it in reverse, adn the car will go full speed. I would say that the cart can only use 60-70% of the overall power while in forward motion. Did I install incorrectly? Is this a software programming issue? How can I fix? FYI, I have an alltrax 500 Motor controller. Thanks in advance
AubAlum0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2020, 04:13 PM   #2
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Loss of power after intalling new throttle control

surely others more knowledgeable will jump in but right off the bat I would say hook that xct up to the controller and see what it's reading for a throttle percentage when fully pressed. might just be a matter of re calibrating the throttle response.
w4rwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:09 PM   #3
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

sorry, meant to say hook the xct up to a computer
w4rwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:39 PM   #4
AubAlum0509
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by w4rwf View Post
sorry, meant to say hook the xct up to a computer
Thanks, I will try it out.
AubAlum0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 01:27 PM   #5
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Get under cart and look closely at the rod that connects the MCOR to the pedal assy. There is a flat v shaped flange on the end at the pedal with two 1/4 dowels sticking out from it that straddle the bottom of the pedal assy. On these old carts, the pedal assy can get a bad worn spot where the fwd dowel touches the pedal assy. If you take a piece of 1/4" fuel line and push it over the end of the dowel where it hits the worn spot on the pedal assy it will take the slack out and bring back almost all of the original range of the throttle. After you make the correction. Clear the Auto-Cal on the throttle and let the Alltrax 'see' the full throttle movement again.

Thanks to David Hicks for filling me in on this problem with the oldest DS carts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DS Pedal Assy.jpg (142.6 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car