lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #11
Don B.
Gone Wild

Default Re: what type of 2 cycle oil to use

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespider View Post
The Harley cart engine (Kohler) with the Tillotson carburetor
I have heard these engines were made by Kohler once before; I do know that back in the heyday of these carts that Kohler built alot of 2 cycles for snowmobiles; does anyone know what the Kohler model number this Harley engine is "closest" to??? Might be another possible parts source I see old Kohler 2 cycle snowmobile stuff on Feebay now and then......

now back to the reg scheduled therad on 2 cycle oils......
Don B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #12
Don B.
Gone Wild

whats the difference between "Stihl" oil "Echo" and "Husqavarna" oil? they all claim to be for air cooled 2 cycle engines......... I went to Lowe's a bit ago and all they have is the "Husquvarna" oil..... God-awful expensive; about a pop can's worth was $6! (good for 5 gallons at 50:1)
Old 07-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #13
Craigs carts
Gone Wild
Harley Davidson

I usually have a little skidoo oil left over from the winter
thats what I use in the carts
Craigs carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:14 PM   #14
Whitespider
Getting Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don B. View Post
whats the difference between "Stihl" oil "Echo" and "Husqavarna" oil?...
That's a really good question... But, I abuse the crap out of my Stihl equipment and the Stihl mix has been good to me...That's not saying another isn't just as good or better... But I go with the old saying," if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Let's put it in perspective though, gas is $4.oo a gallon and you're gonn'a worry about the price of the pre-mix oil? C'mon..... let's not be silly.
Whitespider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #15
Don B.
Gone Wild

yeah but $6 for ~12 oz worth of oil? that does seem high.....the more I get to play with this thing I may hafta start buying 2 cyc oil in a bigger quantity; usually it gets "cheaper" that way.....
Old 07-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #16
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Again I use Wal-Mart Super-tech which is made by Shell oil co. and certified TCW3. I buy it by the gallon and 1.5 oz. per gallon smokes a little but it still does not foul plugs. I install a new plug each year and I have always felt they could have ran another year. Super Tech is inexpensive and works. What more could you want? I suggest that you use any oil rated TCW3 or better and pay what ever you want to pay for it. It is your money! if you think a $10.00 per qt oil rated TCW3 is going to do better than a $10.00 per gallon oil rated TCW3 by all means use it. Again your engine does not require anything better.... It's your money spend it as you see fit!
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #17
lspencer001
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I went to walmart and bought 2 of the little bottles of two cycle oil and mixed it at 40:1 with 4 gallons of gas. so far it is running better. it smokes like it should and every once and a while it will smoke more but not like it used to smoke. I have been using it every day for the past week and a half and got all the carbon blown out of the muffler(left a trail of little smoking ambers for about a block and no longer rattles like a baby rattle) and am down to a half tank. when I refill it I will use the TCW3 oil and see it that works any better, but so far i have no complaints about the small bottles of two cycle oil. they were about 3.50 for both bottles.
lspencer001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #18
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I use the recommended mixture of 6 oz. oil to 4 gallon of regular gas.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:01 PM   #19
Scottmoore1
Not Yet Wild

Did you ever figure out the best oil to use in your HD golf cart? I'm reading tcw3 oil which is an outboard oil.
Scottmoore1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:05 PM   #20
Scottmoore1
Not Yet Wild

Are the tcw3 oils that are for water cooled outboard the best to use in these old HD golf carts?
Scottmoore1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson