lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2020, 09:16 PM   #81
shawn01754
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Tomberlin Lift Kit Info

I just ordered one! I was speaking with a local shop that installs lift kits in Jeeps and trucks. They told me a lot of the time they mount the e brake cable junction box lower, example : 5” lift, mount the e brake box to a 5” block to maintain the geometry of the cables. I might have them install it. Any advise is appreciated!!
shawn01754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2020, 12:03 PM   #82
Miznitch
Not Yet Wild

I am not familiar with the e-brake box- I know all the cables were pretty tight and didn't leave much room for maneuver. If the mechanic is confident that will fix the problem, that's great!
Miznitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:30 AM   #83
Adrian5326
Not Yet Wild

Shawn,
I have an 08 Tomberlin as well. Let me know how the lift kit goes. Very interested in what you find out.

-Adrian
Adrian5326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 01:15 PM   #84
shawn01754
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian5326 View Post
Shawn,
I have an 08 Tomberlin as well. Let me know how the lift kit goes. Very interested in what you find out.

-Adrian
Hi Adrian,
Ill keep you posted,
So far I been thourly camparing the 2010 front end to the 2008. What Ive come across so far is many parts are the same, many are simialr, and bottom line, I belive the 2008 can be upgraded 100 Percent to the 2010 front end However...I dont belive all the parts need to be changed ..so heres my current plan
1) upgrade the steering gear to the 2010 : whats nice about this is the newer steering gear has tie rods on both ends. for some reason the 2008 has a drag link connecting the steering nuckles. 2010 eliminates the draglink and the rack bolts directly to both steering nuckles. the are obvious benifits to this upgrade, my steering gear has both boots damaged therefore Ill spent the $200 to make this upgrade (will also install the compound steering link from 2010 as i think its a bit different. both parts together come in at about $200) the tricky part is how the newer rack and pinion mounts from the underside of the tube frame rather than the older version (on top). some welding is required to weld the custom gear mounting plate. Ive seen this his type of mod on this site

I belive the control arms from the 2010 will bolt right in, at a cost of about $200 for all 4 but I really dont see much of a benifit, they are very similar in size, shape and function.

I looked at the known issue of the e-brake and theres a couple of options.I come across universal e brake cables to be considered. the other option is to lower the junction box and use the existing cables. I think a couple of universial cables might be a bit easier

other than that i think the istallation is as directed in the instruction. I currently have the maintenece manual, 2008 illistrated parts list, 2010 parts list and the lift instructions. unfortunatly the shipping date of the lift kit has been pushed back a coupke times so all of my calcs have been done on paper, Ill let you kjnow more as things come together.I could be wrong about everything lol
Old 08-16-2020, 07:07 PM   #85
Adrian5326
Not Yet Wild

[QUOTE=shawn01754;1750689]Hi Adrian,
Ill keep you posted,

Thanks man! I’m about to follow suit. I’ll let you know what I come up with as well.
Adrian5326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 07:16 PM   #86
shawn01754
Not Yet Wild

[quote=Adrian5326;1751042]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn01754 View Post
Hi Adrian,
Ill keep you posted,

Thanks man! I’m about to follow suit. I’ll let you know what I come up with as well.
Nice!! We'll get through this together lol
Old 08-28-2020, 10:02 AM   #87
shawn01754
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian5326 View Post
Shawn,

-Adrian
I have received the load of parts that include the lift kit, steering gear and the steering shaft (both from 2010. What I’ve notices is: it appears the control arms are spaced a bit wider on 2010 on up. The easiest solution I come up with is welding some 1/4” steel and drilling some holes. I likely will incorporate the newer control arms as well (rather than modify mine). The rear lift kit seems to bolt right in. I’m camping with the cart now so, once camping season is over I’ll really dig in
Old 09-02-2020, 01:13 PM   #88
Monterey
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miznitch View Post
It is done, and I think it is GORGEOUS!!! I get a lot of compliments on it, and I really do love my cart- despite my broken windshield Installation was a bit of a nightmare, and I have to be honest, the ride is a bit more bumpy- especially in the rear, but I think that's true of most lifted carts... We have to suffer for beauty!

Tomberlin is still blowing me off- I was told I am the first person to ever attempt to put their lift kit on a 2010, and it should not have been sold to me in the first place. I asked 3 separate times before I bought it, and was told it would fit.
I spoke with my local Tomberlin dealer today and asked about a lift kit for my 2010. They quoted me about $980 for the kit and around $450-$500 to install. The part number they gave me was 1934124U. Does this part number sound even close? I can't find any info on the net...

Scott
Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:31 PM   #89
Monterey
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterey View Post
I spoke with my local Tomberlin dealer today and asked about a lift kit for my 2010. They quoted me about $980 for the kit and around $450-$500 to install. The part number they gave me was 1934124U. Does this part number sound even close? I can't find any info on the net...

Scott
In an earlier thread I found that the correct part number is CVG193412U. In looking that up I found this information:

P&A, GROUP, LIFT KIT, Columbia Journeyman / Tomberlin Emerge. Designed for vehicles which utilize the motor E-Brake system from 2017 and newer. May fit earlier Emerge models with some modifications for mounting. Part cross reference is # CVG193412U

https://evtechnicalservices.com/onli...art-cvg193412u

Scott
Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:38 PM   #90
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

For anyone who wonders.....the only reason CVG is in front of the part number is that it identifies the part as a Columbia Vehicle Group part. Other than that they're pretty much like putting parentheses around your area code.

To go a step further, when a vehicle is built with a a group assembly installed at the plant, instead of a U at the end it has an A. (A=assembled, U=unassembled).

Class dismissed, go have some beers.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin