lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2020, 08:48 PM   #1
Froman03
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation 2002 Cushman Haulster 4cy 4speed NOT RUNNING!

I need help guys, I just purchased a 2002 Cushman Haulster and it was running, but idling very high. The guy just put a fresh rebuilt carb on it. I got it home drove it for a few minutes and it bogged and stalled, wouldn't restart. Pulled plugs and they were drenched in fuel. Cleaned them, reinstalled and it started. Ran rough at idle, smooth under throttle. Bogged again, same thing. But cannot get to restart. It pukes fuel out of the carb.
What in the world am I doing wrong? I proceeded to fiddle with the jets with no avail.

HELP
Froman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2020, 07:15 AM   #2
crazy wheel
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2002 Cushman Haulster 4cy 4speed NOT RUNNING!

Sounds like a problem with the float/needle in the carb.
crazy wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 10:17 PM   #3
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: 2002 Cushman Haulster 4cy 4speed NOT RUNNING!

If you come back to check this site for a response, sorry that I haven't been able to reply sooner. I had a computer glitch and needed my password reset, but the BGW website wasn't responding to help me reset the password. I was forced off this site in June 2019 because of this problem, and just managed to get everything straightened out tonight.

Your float and float needle valve are the problem. Floats in older, even rebuilt carburetors, do not float at the proper level and need to be replaced. Rebuilding a carburetor does not usually involve replacing the float, but it should. The needle valve itself should also be replaced, but this is usually provided in the rebuilding kit. The float has to be able to lift the needle valve to stop the pumped fuel from entering the float bowl. If it does not float above the fuel surface at the proper level it cannot stop the fuel from overflowing out the bowl vent of the carburetor. That may be a rebuilt carburetor, but I'm willing to bet that they didn't replace the float. Keeping the fuel level correct in the bowl of the carburetor makes a huge difference in how well the motor runs. Too high and the motor runs rich. Too low and the motor starves for fuel, even though the jets might all be set correct. They are dependent on the float and float needle valve keeping the fuel level correct to work properly.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts