lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2019, 10:45 AM   #1
kshoemaker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Starter generator problem

My precedent has been behaving like the starter has worn brushes. It does a partial crank then stops like it hits the compression stroke. The brushes look ok so I blew out the dust but that didn't help. I short the solenoid and get the same result. Battery is new. Generator puts out plenty of volts when engine is running. I'm at a loss.

Does the voltage regulator tell the starter to stop? Could it be bad? Other ideas?

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190630_135630.jpg (90.4 KB, 0 views)
kshoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2019, 12:33 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Starter generator problem

Check all connections especially the grounds.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:18 AM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

There is a specific sub-section for Club Cars that you may want to post in as well. My hunch is that you will get some more action there.

The voltage regulator does't do anything other than choke down the current from the starter / gen so it won't be causing your issue.

Don't discount a fuel issue. Obviously, if your cart isn't getting enough gas for combustion it will stop at the exact place you cart is stopping.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:24 AM   #4
kshoemaker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Old thread here but figured I'd follow up since it is now resolved. I did check all connections and even replaced the battery and it still only did a partial crank. I broke down and replaced the starter and now it fires up immediately, even with the 2015 battery.

Anyone want the used, possibly faulty starter/generator? Message me and I'll send it to you for $0 plus actual shipping cost.
kshoemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts