lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
didjidude
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Red face hei module help

I just picked up a hei module for my 87 2 stroke and have a few questions before I install it and blow something up... first, do I mount the module on the fire wall with the metal side against the wall? if so I guess I need to grind off the plastic post.. right? and finally can I used the ezgo coil or do I need an automotive coil? if so which one? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Dave
didjidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2010, 02:34 AM   #2
wslonger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: hei module help

I installed an hei on my '84 with stock coil it sparks but timing is way off I'm going to change my coil to see if that is what is causing the spark delay on mine I have heard of other people who have put the hei on and it works perfect. Seems some are pickier than others.
wslonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:20 AM   #3
bauschracing
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

You can make a bracket out of metal and mount it anywhere as long as the one wire is connected to the module. I used a small bolt and nut to mount the (i think BLACK) wire to one side and then mounted it on to a plate that mounted to the case. Use some di-electric grease to disapate heat. I tried the stock coil, but changed to an old round automotive coil and mounted it using the old coil mount and a automotive coil mount.
bauschracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
tguellich
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauschracing View Post
You can make a bracket out of metal and mount it anywhere as long as the one wire is connected to the module. I used a small bolt and nut to mount the (i think BLACK) wire to one side and then mounted it on to a plate that mounted to the case. Use some di-electric grease to disapate heat. I tried the stock coil, but changed to an old round automotive coil and mounted it using the old coil mount and a automotive coil mount.
I did the same thing in my 93 2-cycle. While you are under there, replace the coil too, it will only be a few bucks. But will be worth it.
tguellich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #5
didjidude
Getting Wild
Yamaha

I just got the module and new coil installed and everything is working great. Many thanks to all that replied, this is what makes this forum sooooo great. Thanks again, Dave
didjidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO