lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2020, 09:42 PM   #1
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default what is the brake light switch mounted on the TXT that comes with brake lights

hopefully not that goofy pressure switch that screws over the brake pedal.

is there a real switch and bracket I can use?
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2020, 10:06 PM   #2
Danimal1228
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: what is the brake light switch mounted on the TXT that comes with brake lights

This is the style switch and mounting location for the kits I have been using. This switch happened to have broke because I mounted it too close to the pedal arm.

The switch is normally closed when the brake is off and once you hit the brake the switch is opened.

I've been pretty happy with them.
Danimal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 11:36 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: what is the brake light switch mounted on the TXT that comes with brake lights

Ezgo offers one, but it will require whole brake pedal replacement.

Ezgo PN "70690G02"

I much dislike those always failing pressure pads that look tacky as well.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 10:19 AM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: what is the brake light switch mounted on the TXT that comes with brake lights

I have been using this lately and seems to work well. It's for a motor cycle and is easy to wire. It is all under the cart so you don't see it.

FLYPIG Universal Motorcycle Bike Rear Drum Brake Stop Light Switch with Spring Kit Fits Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha Scooter
I get mine off Amazon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brake light switch.jpg (63.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 51pGWX5INFL._AC_SL1000_.jpg (25.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 619TKM2qguL._AC_SL1152_.jpg (61.3 KB, 0 views)
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 10:30 AM   #5
coldair
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
I have been using this lately and seems to work well. It's for a motor cycle and is easy to wire. It is all under the cart so you don't see it.

FLYPIG Universal Motorcycle Bike Rear Drum Brake Stop Light Switch with Spring Kit Fits Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha Scooter
I get mine off Amazon.
@Andy4639
any pictures of how you mounted it?
coldair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 10:38 AM   #6
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: what is the brake light switch mounted on the TXT that comes with brake lights

I can maybe get some today. It's raining so it maybe a day are so before I get them. Well it stopped raining so I went out and snapped these. The red coupe sits very low so this is the best I could do without jacking it up.
If I remember right I drilled the hole for the switch. But you could make a small bracket for it are maybe the hole was there. I honestly don't remember. You could always use a longer spring also and put the switch wherever you wanted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brake switch on the red coupe.jpg (202.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg brake switch on the red coupe2.jpg (191.6 KB, 0 views)
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:08 AM   #7
Doubles Shooter
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post

I get mine off Amazon.
I did the same with my cart a couple years ago. It works great.
Doubles Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:29 AM   #8
Nsmustang55ol
Not Yet Wild

On the harness, where does the switch wire in. i have a red black and white wire near the battery wires, then a red and white wire up under the front, looks like the horn foot button may go there.
Nsmustang55ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:44 PM   #9
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This is the accessory wiring diagram for the TXT models of the mid '90s to about 2009. Maybe for later models also but I don't know. This is the 12v circuit only and includes things that are probably not on every cart like the hour meter. Turn signals on factory carts are rare also I believe but carts with factory lights had connections for a factory turn signal kit.
Probably the best indicator of carts with factory lights is the 3 position key switch. off, on, on with lights.
Carts with factory brake lights are not common either I believe and carts with factory lights didn't mean brake lights were included.
I have a TXT that has factory lights and factory brake lights. The brake pedal is different than the other carts. The bottom (big) part floats on small springs and when you press it you can hear the micro switch click. Also there are 2 wires enclosed in a grey conduit zip tied to the brake pedal arm. They connect to the harness on the front side of the "firewall" along with the foot operated horn switch if equipped.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Accessory Wiring golf cart ezgo.jpg (80.8 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO