lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2020, 02:58 PM   #1
Rockabillyrider
Not Yet Wild

Default Western elegante problems

So I picked up a 1997 western elegante, it had bad batteries so I replaced them. And I have no power to anything and can’t figure it out. I’m new to electric motors but not wiring. Can’t figure out why my voltage doesn’t even carry to the key switch. Does anyone have any idea’s that would help me out? The power wire going from the battery to the key does break off about 4 times according to the schematic I found but not sure how accurate it is lol someone please help
Rockabillyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2020, 03:14 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Western elegante problems

The answer depends upon which drive system you have. go here and read the Ezgo stuff. You should be able to determine the drive system type from this info > https://www.cartsunlimited.net/upgrade-suggestions.html
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:23 PM   #3
Rockabillyrider
Not Yet Wild

Thanks man, I have a series with a 3-5 pin connector. It is a 42v cart with a 36v solenoid that I am replacing with a 48v solenoid because it’s not clicking when I hit the pedal. That’s about what I have figured out sadly. Been going over wires and connectors to make sure everything is good, I do have a bit of corrosion built up on the forward reverse selector that I am cleaning off
Old 09-24-2020, 06:31 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Series carts have 2 micro switches.
1 closes in reverse only
1 closes in both directions. Make sure this switch has constant power and is working. It powers the key switch which powers the footswitch which powers the solenoid click.
Good Luck with it
Old 09-24-2020, 06:43 PM   #5
Rockabillyrider
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scottyb. Hopefully I can figure this this out. Might hit you up for some more Insite if I need it.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:13 AM   #6
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillyrider View Post
Thanks Scottyb. Hopefully I can figure this this out. Might hit you up for some more Insite if I need it.
If you want to verify you have the correct wiring diagram for your western. Go under my username and look under threads I started and look for the one that says western diagrams. I have a pdf under there and owners manual.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 12:01 PM   #7
Rockabillyrider
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Series carts have 2 micro switches.
1 closes in reverse only
1 closes in both directions. Make sure this switch has constant power and is working. It powers the key switch which powers the footswitch which powers the solenoid click.
Good Luck with it
So I had a question. Was going to just replace my forward reverse selector on this western you gave me some Info on. Was wondering if you would be able to help me identify it so I could get one ordered and tell me where it should be wired to? Also I found a loose wire coming off one of my battery’s it came off the ground on my final battery had about 2 foot of length wondering if it goes onto this selector or not and was never hooked back up? Any help would be great thanks again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 44E7681F-B425-4C81-BE53-7BEDEE9216E4.jpg (248.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3AE277A6-799A-4B90-82D0-2151D81AB19B.jpg (162.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-25-2020, 12:04 PM   #8
Rockabillyrider
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
If you want to verify you have the correct wiring diagram for your western. Go under my username and look under threads I started and look for the one that says western diagrams. I have a pdf under there and owners manual.
That is the one I have and it has helped me out big time but has me also questioning my cart lol. The ignition is a 3 prong not a 4 and I have no black and white wire coming to it but the rest seems to be correct from what I have gotten to at the moment. It just doesn’t show a few things that I am trying to figure out on this is thing
Old 09-25-2020, 01:26 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Like most Western electronic parts they are mostly Ezgo, That F&R looks like a Marathon F&R.
Judging by these pictures I say she is due for a COMPLETE rewire.
Good luck with the project.
Old 09-25-2020, 01:39 PM   #10
Rockabillyrider
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Like most Western electronic parts they are mostly Ezgo, That F&R looks like a Marathon F&R.
Judging by these pictures I say she is due for a COMPLETE rewire.
Good luck with the project.
Thanks, yeah I am working on replacing all the wires and battery cables. Just trying to get it to move to see what else might be needed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO