lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2019, 11:02 PM   #21
chadl
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Bringing life to used batteries

If you just do one battery of each, please be sure to post your results!
chadl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2019, 01:47 AM   #22
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

And when you do, please come back & update in 3, & 6 months down the road! That's the key here that we surprisingly never get the update on. Does it work "week one"? Does it last?... never once heard back on the "magic fixes" later on.... gee, I wonder why? It's because band-aids dont fix bullet-holes! No one wants to say "yep, I got scammed, didnt work long", when 2/3 of the community said "dont fall for that trick" in the first place. Find me some stories of golf cart batteries "fully restored to normal" with the magic tricks, lasting longer than a few weeks (not "well, it started my car back in 1985")... good luck. Do I believe that some battery "voodoo" exists, yep to an extent. I have seen crazy even numbers amongst sets with "pulse treated batteries that were "old" by our standards". (Super-uniform, AKA very even, voltages, just worn-out). Can it make "gold from rocks" nope. I think "dump it all out & refill" is just masking the problems for a short term win. Might be a win for "cart flippers", but a overall loss for those who think they got "like new" batteries. And do you want a good set, or just to flip it? I guess the key here is for "voodoo magic" to work, you have to use it the whole time, not just at the end when you get a "already screwed set" to deal with. (I have tested "restoration", with mixed results).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:50 AM   #23
mastrich
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

well said cgtech
mastrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:40 AM   #24
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

There is a technique that battery "rejuvinators" use to take physically good but aged batteries and return them to usable serviice. They externally clean the batteries so they look like new. They then place a battery into a clamp that shakes it pretty strongly, then they remove the caps and restart, inverting the battery. They refill it full with tap water and repeat until all of the sediment is gone and the water coming out runs clear. They then fill it with distilled or RO water to remove the tap water minerals until it is well rinsed. They will leave it inverted and let it air dry internally, then refill with new battery (sulfuric) acid. They then put on a new label of their "brand" and charge it up. They sell them as remanufactured batteries, at a reduced price of course. I know one of these guys and he makes a real good living at it. He has several of the machines that automate the process so he does not have to lift them and invert them to dump while shaking. Most of his business is automotive starting batteries, but he does get golf cart batteries from the local dealers in his area to redo. They usually get 2 to 3 years of life from these "rejuvinated" batteries. He sells them for $30 to $35 each.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 11:55 AM   #25
rib33024

Here's a thread where they tried this

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tteries-4.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:57 PM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

There are also some electrical gadgets like the BLS (Battery Life Saver) that hit the batteries with square waves containing the resonate frequencies of the accumulated lead crystals on their plates.

Unlike the snake oil treatments that erode the plate surfaces, it simply enhances the normal chemical reactions of a lead-acid battery by releasing more of the sulfate ions trapped in the lead-sulfate after it crystallizes.

One of our members did some testing on it and IIRC, got positive results, but I cannot find the thread.

Here is a video about the BLS.

JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:54 AM   #27
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Yuppirs. Mine was developed many years ago and has been out on the market for some time. Mine uses sharp pulses and a set of frequencies designed to break down lead sulphate into its constituents to restore the battery as best as it can. It will not fix physical damage to the plates caused by sulphation, but it has had good results reversing minor sulphation. If the ends of the case are bulging, it's a good bet that there is plate damage that cannot be reversed.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:38 PM   #28
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like installing a desulfating device (of proven worth vs an unknown design) on a newer set of batteries (or maybe on new batteries) is the way to go.

What brand name is the device you designed sold under?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:30 PM   #29
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

Question Re: Bringing life to used batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like installing a desulfating device (of proven worth vs an unknown design) on a newer set of batteries (or maybe on new batteries) is the way to go.

I was wondering the same thing.
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:46 PM   #30
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post

The product name is Battery Smacker. I licensed it out for manufacture, so I am not involved in the manufacture or sales of them. I designed it and patented the technology it uses. I use them myself on solar power installations, but the technology was not designed to be used on golf carts or anything else where the impulses could damage delicate electronics such as controllers or automotive electronics. Those sort of batteries are best desulphated while disconnected from their loads.

The guy that makes and sells them does not fully understand the terminology, so he comes off sounding kinda hokey. I've tried explaining it to him in detail and it just confuses him further, so I gave up. LOL

Essentially, it breaks down the lead sulphate into its components, releasing them for reuse in the battery chemistry. The water in the battery is a key part of it, as it is the water that carries the impulses into the electrolyte to interact with the lead sulphate crystals that form on the plates. The non-hertzian energy mentioned is what Nikola Tesla discovered and employed for wireless transmission of electricity. It can also interact with elements in ways that transverse energy cannot. Each element has a unique pattern that will interact with it. Once this is understood, it becomes a bit easier to understand how atoms can be selectively interacted with. Bonds can be formed or broken by the proper application of energy.

Bob

Tags
36v, 48v, batteries, battery, electric
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO