lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2018, 06:57 PM   #1
Bmyers
Not Yet Wild

Default Stereo install on 2018 Freedom RXV 48volt

Hello everyone, I’m trying to install a stereo on my new 2018 Freedom RXV golf cart. It is completely stock except for a usb charging port on my dash. I have a stereo, amp and speakers to go in it. It has a Sure Power 41020C10UL dc to dc converter from the factory but I don’t know how to wire my stuff into it. Is this possible or do I need something else, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Bmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2018, 06:21 AM   #2
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stereo install on 2018 Freedom RXV 48volt

Here is an installation instruction sheet.

http://www.cooperindustries.com/cont...ST_180120b.pdf

I take it, when you said it was already installed, the 48 volt connections were already made, and that you just need to connect into the 12 volt side. Is that correct?

You probably have 3 wires. Unfortunately those instructions don’t say what color wires were used. Do you have access to a digital multimeter? That would be useful to know which wire was which.
jkredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 09:00 AM   #3
Bmyers
Not Yet Wild

Yes that is correct, was wanting to tap into the 12v side of the factory converter but I talked to the dealer I bought the cart from and they said that if I tapped into the factory converter wires i i could run into warranty issues in the future is something was to happen. They advised me to get a separate converter to run my amp, speakers and head unit to so I am waiting on that to come ups this week and I’ll get that installed. My main question is how am I gonna wire the amp up when the smallest wire that is recommended by the manufacturer is 8gauge and the wires on the converter are prolly at least twice that small. Lol
Old 08-19-2018, 10:29 AM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmyers View Post
Yes that is correct, was wanting to tap into the 12v side of the factory converter but I talked to the dealer I bought the cart from and they said that if I tapped into the factory converter wires i i could run into warranty issues in the future is something was to happen. They advised me to get a separate converter to run my amp, speakers and head unit to so I am waiting on that to come ups this week and I’ll get that installed. My main question is how am I gonna wire the amp up when the smallest wire that is recommended by the manufacturer is 8gauge and the wires on the converter are prolly at least twice that small. Lol
The wire guage is typically rated for a current at lengths of 50 feet or 100 feet. Smaller guage wires can carry more current when shorter and still give acceptable levels of voltage drop. If you intend to run an amp and speakers that will be expected to deliver a lot of bass response, you'll need to run the DC Reducer output to an UltraCap like the Car Audio people use, then hook the 8 guage amp cable to that. It will deliver the surge amps that the DC Reducer cannot. You can buy one of those from WalMart in the automotive section. 500,000 MFD is enough, 1 Farad is better.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:58 AM   #5
Bmyers
Not Yet Wild

Thank you everyone for the responses and help, I work for the railroad and haven’t had a chance to reply. I ended up just buying a separate stinger spp680 12v battery and installed it in the space under the drivers side seat beside the cart batteries and run the wires from the amp and radio to it, plus I installed a separate power switch for stereo instead of wiring it to the ignition switch. Figured this was the best and easiest way to get everything installed without worrying about warranty issues. Thing sounds amazing, I couldn’t be happier!!
Old 02-06-2020, 04:42 PM   #6
Kishimoto1992
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Bmeyers-

I am thinking of doing a similar stereo install.
What is the run time you have been getting out of the auxiliary stinger battery in your specific set up?
Kishimoto1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:20 AM   #7
badandyturbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishimoto1992 View Post
Bmeyers-

I am thinking of doing a similar stereo install.
What is the run time you have been getting out of the auxiliary stinger battery in your specific set up?
I know you didn't ask me but I have a similar setup and it will easily play all day if needed.
badandyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO