lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2019, 12:30 PM   #31
Kob716
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G2 cutting out while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Check spark when it dies out. Sounds like a pretty typical coil or ignitor failure. You can test the coil easy enough, should have around 1-1.5 ohms between the 2 spade terminals. Unscrew the spark plug cap (it just screws on) the cap should have about 5k ohms from the screw to the receptacle that clips onto the spark plug. And you should have approx 8-10k ohms from one of the spade terminals to the end if the wire where the cap.screws into the spark plug wire.

I dont have the service manual in front of me, it's easy enough to find for exact resistance measurements. These are just approximations but should be in the ballpark.
Might sound really dumb but is there any coils off a mower or auto store that would work for now...not too many stores to pick from out here
Kob716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2019, 02:32 PM   #32
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

You could try an old school chrysler coil, though I dont know if they would work with the OEM ignitor. They work same principle though, power fed to 1 side, the other will spark every time it sees ground.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:03 PM   #33
Kob716
Not Yet Wild

Ok so little update I got the cart home did a spark test all good. Compression test not so good so I tore back into it finding the head gasket had blown again. One head bolt had a helicoil that let loose. Got a slightly longer bolt that snugged up nicely and torqued them all to 20 ft lbs. now I’m thinking cool all done so I go to start it and now it squeaks like hell runs rough I’m about to give up on it sounds like clutch maybe still? I don’t want to dump money in it just looking for suggestions video attached

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N0h...&feature=share

Last edited by Kob716; 07-31-2019 at 07:04 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Kob716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:33 PM   #34
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

It looks as if you clutches are not shifting at all. That squeaking noise could be something in the clutches, but it also sounds like it might have a rod knock. It's hard to tell from a video. Drain the oil into a white cloth towel or old t shirt and look for metal shavings.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 08:53 PM   #35
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Agreed. That sounds really bad. It's hard to tell if its actually running or just the starter turning it over with all the racket. I would probably start by taking the cover off the clutch and checking for anything loose or out of whack, but all in all theres so much noise it's hard to tell over a video what it is or where it's coming from.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha