lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2017, 11:04 PM   #101
irwinj06
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New CC Onward

What was the deal with the factory speed codes? Was it set to 3 and code 4 was locked or was the dealer able to increase without going to club car for codes.
irwinj06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2017, 11:50 AM   #102
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwinj06 View Post
What was the deal with the factory speed codes? Was it set to 3 and code 4 was locked or was the dealer able to increase without going to club car for codes.

It is my understanding that it came from the factory with code 4 but it was a watered down code 4. Or something like that so it would be limited to 19mph. But the dealer changed it to the non watered down code 4 so it does 21. They changed it with the scanner thing at my house when it was delivered while they were adjusting the regen to my liking. I don't know if they called CC prior to delivering it or not, but they didn't have to call when they were there. I don't think it was locked. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:57 PM   #103
irwinj06
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I was curious about the code setting when I purchased the new Onward. Instead of dishing out more money to the dealer I instead purchased a high speed magnet. So far there have been no issues. I can get the cart up to 23 on flat ground and up to 27 on the slight down hill that is near me in FL. Does anyone know what the issue is with using the high speed magnet on the 1515-5201 controller and why it would work with the new 1515-5206?
Old 06-12-2017, 02:40 PM   #104
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That is good to know, the Excel Controller (1515-5201) has firmware code specifically written to test the validity of the speed sensor pulses.

If You install a speed magnet, the cart will buck and surge as the Controller tries to verify the information is receiving from the speed sensor is within the range of its own test/calculations.

I would have imagined the new E.R.I.C compatible controller (1515-5206) would have behaved the same way, but it seems more like the old IQ firmware in that aspect.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:52 PM   #105
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwinj06 View Post
I was curious about the code setting when I purchased the new Onward. Instead of dishing out more money to the dealer I instead purchased a high speed magnet. So far there have been no issues. I can get the cart up to 23 on flat ground and up to 27 on the slight down hill that is near me in FL. Does anyone know what the issue is with using the high speed magnet on the 1515-5201 controller and why it would work with the new 1515-5206?

They didn't make me pay extra for the code 4.

What speed magnet did you use? I was told the magnet wouldn't work so I never bothered. Was it easy to install? If you have no issues with it I'm going to order one tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:01 PM   #106
irwinj06
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I bought the magnet off of ebay. It was very easy to install. Remove the speed sensor on the back of the motor then the bolt holding the magnet in place. Installation is the reverse of removal. Be sure not to over tighten the sensor bolts as you may crack the sensor housing. Just ensure they are sung. There are some videos on YouTube as well.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:22 PM   #107
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That magnet is from RevolutionGolfCars.com, a site sponsor that sells quality stuff.

Could You please confirm You definitely do not have those 3 numbers (Code A,B,C) on your Controller mounting plate?

Old 06-12-2017, 05:47 PM   #108
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That is good to know, the Excel Controller (1515-5201) has firmware code specifically written to test the validity of the speed sensor pulses.

If You install a speed magnet, the cart will buck and surge as the Controller tries to verify the information is receiving from the speed sensor is within the range of its own test/calculations.

I would have imagined the new E.R.I.C compatible controller (1515-5206) would have behaved the same way, but it seems more like the old IQ firmware in that aspect.
It's supposed to behave the same way as the old Grey Excel controllers, although I've never tried it personally. Club Car says there's absolutely no difference in the performance between the two controllers. The only difference is that the white controller logs charger data from the E.R.I.C. charger. I have no logical explanation as to why his cart would work with a speed magnet on it while all the other Excel cars reject it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:02 PM   #109
irwinj06
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Here are the pics of the cart, controller and code values. I am working on upgrading the sound system and adding under lights to work along side the audio system.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:20 PM   #110
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That makes more sense, you already have Speed Code 4 which likely disables some of the Controller speed sensor check code.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car