lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2015, 12:07 PM   #11
thoma015
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2001 Club Car DS 48 Volt, Long Term Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
Well almost done with the short term updates to my long term plans. Wheels, tires, rear seat and extended roof. Should have the extended roof tomorrow and can't wait to get it on. But here are pics with the new wheels, tires and doubletake rear seat. I'm really happy with the offset as I didn't want wheels that stuck out the sides. These almost mirror stock perfectly. They are 215/40-12 tires with 12" -20mm offset wheels. Tires measure just over 19" tall mounted to the wheels and not bearing any weight (not installed on cart).

Did you install a lift kit, or are those tires on the stock suspension set up?
thoma015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2015, 02:44 PM   #12
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Put a 1" kit consisting of longer rear shackles and front aluminum block.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 02:46 PM   #13
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default 2001 Club Car DS 48 Volt, Long Term Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizbgolf View Post
I have a 2003 DS series cart, I put in a plumquick bandit motor and stock controller with 10" low pro tires runs at 23+ mph with upgraded #2 welding lead wires. Love the old clubcar, bought a new yami last october and gave the club car to my daughter to run to the clubhouse and pool, thinking I might have given away the wrong cart lol

Sounds like your daughter has a sweet ride. Took awhile to find my DS. Not many for sale around here.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:10 PM   #14
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Do you have any rubbing when turning ?

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:20 PM   #15
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

No rubbing even at full lock in either direction. Room to spare between tire and anywhere on frame. Wish I had went with the 215/50-12 which are about 1" taller.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:42 PM   #16
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The closest it comes to the frame is the round horizontal tube behind the wheels and at full lock, as in pic, I can easily fit two fingers (didn't have my tape measure handy) between them. They tires do come close to the front bumper but they don't rub.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:35 PM   #17
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the info. All lifts extend the wheel base and I don't have that much room in the hauling trailer. The lifting block and 20" tires should make the cart fit just right.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 05:22 AM   #18
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

No problem. Just be careful if your getting a knobby tire. Not sure if they measure taller than a street tire. I believe wheel offset can play into rub issues as well.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:14 PM   #19
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

So I have noticed that I could push the go pedal a few inches before it would go. When it would go it was smooth but I thought maybe there was an adjustment. Well I couldn't find one when searching under the cart, but a search on here showed that you could shim where the mcor meets the go pedal. Here is my shim job. I used a wore out plastic axle shaft (cut down length wise) off of my sons rc truck. Fit perfect and is nice and tight. Took up all the play and I gained some speed too. Great mod from this great site. With this mod I saw 17/18mph with gps app on my phone (was jumping between). Even if that's not completely accurate, I noticed a bit more speed for sure. Now I do have 19" tires so that helped from stock too.

Old 07-19-2015, 04:20 PM   #20
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I also added a DoubleTake 80" roof to cover the kids in the back seat. I'm pretty happy with it but may lower it a few inches. The stock rear roof supports can still be used but you will need to make rear bracket/spacers to take up the room. I didn't get a pic (but will if someone needs to see) but used 1"x1" boxed aluminum tubing cut to length to make my own rear bracket/spacers.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car