lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
Countrycart99
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Tail Light trouble

I put in a headlight and taillight kit last year. I tested them after I put them and they worked great. Well, I tried them again tonight on my first night ride, and when I pulled the switch the tail lights will blink on for a second then go right back off. The Head lights work fine. They just basic head and tail lights, no blinkers. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Countrycart99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tail Light trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrycart99 View Post
I put in a headlight and taillight kit last year. I tested them after I put them and they worked great. Well, I tried them again tonight on my first night ride, and when I pulled the switch the tail lights will blink on for a second then go right back off. The Head lights work fine. They just basic head and tail lights, no blinkers. Any suggestions? Thanks.
. . . check all connections especially the ground wire(s) feeding the tail lights first . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #3
Countrycart99
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I checked all the connections and the ground, they all look good to me. But still can`t get the tail lights to do anything but a quick blink when I pull the switch. I hooked a volt meter into the taillight plug (Red. white and black wires) it showed I was getting power back that far. I even took the taillights apart (LED) and the volt meter show voltage. I`m not really sure how LEDs work so I`m at a loss right now.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #4
Timscarts
Getting Wild

Club Car

Check polarity on the tail lights, sounds like the ground and positive May be swapped.
Timscarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #5
Countrycart99
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

As far as I know I haven`t changed anything since I hooked the lights up the first time and everything worked. The Positive wire from the reducer is on the positive post on the front battery and the negative from the reducer is on the negative post on the back battery on the drivers side. Are they supposed to be hooked up to the negative and Positive batteries that run out to the back of the cart?
Old 10-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
crash test dummy

use a set of jumper wires and see if LEDs will light
Old 10-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
Countrycart99
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Tried that too. Couldn`t get them to do nothing. May try it again. Just don`t know. Thanks all.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Did you try a regular build to see if it will work. If it will then you may have wrong voltage for you LED,s
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The led tail lights will have a minimum voltage to operate, perhaps the voltage reducer is not able to deliver that minimum voltage once the headlights come on, that could explain why they come on and then off.
What is the exact voltage you are getting at the tailight connector when the lights are on?
You could also disconnect the headlights and see if the tail lights remain on.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #10
Countrycart99
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Unplugged the headlights and one of the LED taillight came on, the other one must be blown. So does the mean the reducer wasn`t any good?
Not, that it really matters about the reducer anyway, because I got to noticing I had ran to the two batteries on the driver`s side so I got to thinking it might not have been drawing enough voltage
So I moved the Positive over to the Positive post on the passenger side that run out to the back of the cart, aaannnd... it burned out. So, Now apparently I`m going to have to buy new taillights and Voltage reducer. Anyway thanks for all the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car