lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2020, 05:29 PM   #1
DosEquis
Not Yet Wild

Default G22

I hve recently replaced both clutches on my G22. I got mu drive clutch from Bruce at CPP. Also a Gboost double cogged belt. My driven clutch, I replaced the spring seat, installed a Umax spring, a spacer, and a cut sheave. This cart has not power at all. It creeps up hills and is slow on the take off. Not a ton of top end speed either. It had more top end before I replaced everything, but no torque on hills. My best guess is, maybe it’s clocked wrong on the driven clutch? I have it on B3 and preloaded up a ramp. I could use all the advice you guys have. The engine is stock and wheels and tires are too.
DosEquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2020, 06:41 PM   #2
DosEquis
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G22 Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by DosEquis View Post
I hve recently replaced both clutches on my G22. I got mu drive clutch from Bruce at CPP. Also a Gboost double cogged belt. My driven clutch, I replaced the spring seat, installed a Umax spring, a spacer, and a cut sheave. This cart has not power at all. It creeps up hills and is slow on the take off. Not a ton of top end speed either. It had more top end before I replaced everything, but no torque on hills. My best guess is, maybe it’s clocked wrong on the driven clutch? I have it on B3 and preloaded up a ramp. I could use all the advice you guys have. The engine is stock and wheels and tires are too.
Guess I’ll just reclock it some more and see if that helps
Old 09-26-2020, 09:01 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Adding a stiffer spring and clocking more preload will not give you better acceleration. It will, however, give you more low end pulling power. Basically keeps the trans in "low gear" longer and slows down the upshift. Typically it will find top speed, but it may take longer to get there.

Are you running stock sized tires? Larger tires will slow down a cart too.

Is the engine stock? Stock engine is good for about 10hp or so. Even in tip top shape the stock engines were not designed for power and acceleration. They were designed to go 12mph on the golf course and last a long time doing it.

Is the engine in good working order? Compression, carburetor, basic tune up items, valve lash adjustment? All of these things will take away engine power if they are not properly maintained.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 10:17 AM   #4
DosEquis
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Adding a stiffer spring and clocking more preload will not give you better acceleration. It will, however, give you more low end pulling power. Basically keeps the trans in "low gear" longer and slows down the upshift. Typically it will find top speed, but it may take longer to get there.

Are you running stock sized tires? Larger tires will slow down a cart too.

Is the engine stock? Stock engine is good for about 10hp or so. Even in tip top shape the stock engines were not designed for power and acceleration. They were designed to go 12mph on the golf course and last a long time doing it.

Is the engine in good working order? Compression, carburetor, basic tune up items, valve lash adjustment? All of these things will take away engine power if they are not properly maintained.
Compression good, valves tuned, carb cleaned and functioning properly, new fuel pump, new spark plug thats been gapped right. Stock tires, stock engine. It simpy has zero power after clutch replacement. Thing barely creeps up a hill. Has no acceleration at all. Shifts a little on the stiff side. This golf cart was faster before the worn out clutches were replaced.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha