lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default reversing pot box resistance

Robby from PQ tell me there is a thread on the forum telling how to reverse a vglide from 0-5k to 5k-0 anyone have any idea how to find it ???I have run searches every way I can think of--nothing.thanx Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
Free Spirit
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: reversing pot box resistance

Not familiar with the thread or the vglide pot in specific, but if the pot has 3 connection tabs on it (A, B, and C) and has wires on 2 of the three (A and B) you should be able to reverse the resistance by using the center tab and the currently unused tab (B and C). The tabs aren't going to have the labels in the example. Best bet is to use a multi-meter and see if the resistance runs the way you want it. (Hope this helps more than it confuses)
Free Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Spirit View Post
Not familiar with the thread or the vglide pot in specific, but if the pot has 3 connection tabs on it (A, B, and C) and has wires on 2 of the three (A and B) you should be able to reverse the resistance by using the center tab and the currently unused tab (B and C). The tabs aren't going to have the labels in the example. Best bet is to use a multi-meter and see if the resistance runs the way you want it. (Hope this helps more than it confuses)
That is correct for a PB-6 type. The Club car uses a multistep pot, its a series of resistors.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #4
scrapetown1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

they are resistor carts. correct me if in wrong, pot box s are on carts with controllers?
scrapetown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:11 AM   #5
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

Idon't know much about the old resister carts but I believe they used pot boxes.What we are talking about is a multi step potentionometer used in 36v CC controller carts and very few 48v controllers.Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
scrapetown1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

there are no pot box in resistor carts just microswitches and resistor coils personally i like resistor carts more less **** to go wrong and ya can cross a lake with one as long as ya got scuba gear lol
scrapetown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 06:39 PM   #7
vnt90
Not Yet Wild

I have an older par car with a pot box. Does anyone know how to adjust the this for full throttle. Is it 5k ohm when at full throttle or 0 ohm when at full throttle or something in between
thnks in advance.
vnt90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 06:57 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I used to adjust every 0-5k pot we sold with the old version 1 conversion kits. This kit required the pot to reach max throttle at certain travel point which was sooner than it's design.
Not too hard to change. Simply loosen the center shaft retainer nut and rotate the shaft a bit then snug it down and recheck the out put to see if you went far enough or the right way.... repeat until you get the desired result and then lock it down.
We learned that 0-4600 produced the same 100% signal as a true 5000Ω signal for our controllers, so we typically shot for 4800. Hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!