lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2022, 02:22 PM   #41
SFORCES
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default Re: HD 3B 1977 D Wire's

Got the micro switch but when i put the red Wire on the com and the 2 blue wire's crimp together to the nc terminal and switch the toggle switch to on the starter run's but when i push the button in it stops. when i switch the 2 crimp blue wires to no and turn the toggle switch on the starter don't spin till i push the button in. shouldn't they be on the NC terminal that is the way it was with the switch that was on the cart. it didn't have a terminal on NO but the new one does.
SFORCES is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2022, 02:27 PM   #42
SFORCES
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

i put on a new carb and don't remember which cable went to what. what cable goes to the the barrel screw and what goes to the plate with 2 holes in it. and when i install the cable in the carb for throttle is it all the way back to the side of the cart or all the way back to the back of the cart when the pedal isn't pushed down?
Old 07-11-2022, 05:19 PM   #43
chuckbaynham
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

NO - Normally Open means that the switch will not conduct the current with the button in the UP or Not Depressed state.
NC - Normally Closed means the switch will conduct the current when to button is in the UP position and will break the connection when the button is depressed.
Good luck!
chuckbaynham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 05:24 PM   #44
chuckbaynham
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

This stuff comes fairly easily to me.
Your skill set likely differs from mine.
Should you still not have success I suggest a short tutorial on the purpose and use of an OHM Meter would likely help.
Nowadays, Youtube is an awesome resource. Google "OHM Meter use" and then select Video. I believe the understanding will follow the learning.
Again, Good luck
Old 07-11-2022, 05:29 PM   #45
chuckbaynham
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFORCES View Post
i put on a new carb and don't remember which cable went to what. what cable goes to the the barrel screw and what goes to the plate with 2 holes in it. and when i install the cable in the carb for throttle is it all the way back to the side of the cart or all the way back to the back of the cart when the pedal isn't pushed down?
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/atta...7&d=1616625097
Old 07-11-2022, 07:10 PM   #46
SFORCES
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbaynham View Post
NO - Normally Open means that the switch will not conduct the current with the button in the UP or Not Depressed state.
NC - Normally Closed means the switch will conduct the current when to button is in the UP position and will break the connection when the button is depressed.
Good luck!
ok so why is it doing the opposite? When i have the 2 blue wire's on the CO tab when i push the button in it will start the starter. when i have them on the NC tap it will start the starter but when i push the button in it will stop
Old 07-22-2022, 12:45 PM   #47
SFORCES
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

ok so what do i need to do to get this going? would like to take it to our camp for the kids to use
Old 08-03-2022, 09:19 PM   #48
SFORCES
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Guess it will be another year before my kids will get to use the cart
Old 08-12-2022, 01:36 PM   #49
chuckbaynham
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

An ohm meter will help you help yourself.
Many youtube videos available.
Old 08-12-2022, 03:03 PM   #50
chuckbaynham
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

It seems to me you have all the correct parts, and even a working setup. You are just a little unclear as to the "normal" operation of the cart. The switch you bought, can work in two ways, as you have discovered. Normally open and normally closed. In this setup. it does not matter which wire is on the COM side, and which the other. The other NO or NC, will be determined by where and how you mount the switch. If you use the "normal" setup, as done in the factory. The micros switch will be held in the depressed state when the gas pedal is completely released. Factory style. If you mount your switch the same. It should be wired NC, (normally closed). . This way, the circuit is open when the pedal is released, and the switch closes when the pedal is pressed.

If by chance you or the PO have mounted the switch in some other manner, more pictures will be required.

Normal operation: Gas pedal released, Switch depressed, and circuit open.
Gas pedal pressed, switch released, circuit closed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson