lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2021, 11:54 PM   #1
blyon2019
Not Yet Wild

Cushman

Default Cushman 2019 Hauler Pro 72v LIFT KIT ?

Been searching..........cannot find......I put 22" mud tires on it and they rub bad in front plus occasionally in rear. I even went to my local custom 4x4 truck lift shop and no help. There are very little accessories/AM parts available for Cushman I am discovering now.

I bought it used 1&1/2 years ago for $5700, and yes it is 2WD sadly, but seemed like a great deal (250hrs).

Thanks for any info.

Brock
blyon2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2021, 01:02 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cushman 2019 Hauler Pro 72v LIFT KIT ? HELP !

I could be wrong, but the hauler pro may be built on the ezgo txt chassis. If so a txt lift kit would work. Maybe give us some pictures close up of the front axle/suspension and same for the rear.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 07:10 AM   #3
meatheadmike
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cushman 2019 Hauler Pro 72v LIFT KIT ?

It definitely is based on the ezgo platform. Search youtube. There is a guy who put a rhox 7" lift kit on it. There's a full walkthrough of the install.
meatheadmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 01:34 AM   #4
blyon2019
Not Yet Wild

Cushman

Thanks guys ! I'll let y'all know.
blyon2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 02:49 PM   #5
waveslider
Not Yet Wild

I know this thread is pretty old but in case someone is searching (like I was recently) I thought I would update my experience.

I have a 2022-Mid-Year 2023 Cushman Hauler Elite.

I recently installed a RHOX 6" drop spindle lift for it - PArt No. LIFT-102

https://www.rhox.us/pc_product_detai...9CF697B231A2D5

The install seemed to go perfectly fine, and confirms that at least for my model year, was based on TXT platform.

The only thing that was slightly different from the instructions is that the rear brake cable and c-clip brackets on both sides were on the top of axle - and you have to swap the whole rear hub assemblies so that you can relocate the brake cable and brackets to the underside/bottom of the hubs.

This is best described by this guy:
https://youtube.com/shorts/lqVVKTpHE...i1hOTjVFMTkdd9

Its a pretty easy and straightforward switch over that requires you to cut zip ties and re-route the brake cables and a little adjustment - but generally pretty easy.

By swapping the hubs and moving the brackets to the underside, you are able to set the lift blocks on top of the axles properly.

I would say the only other thing that is a bit of a struggle is that the motors on this cart is "offset" a little which means when you disconnect the ubolts and shock attachment - the whole axle assembly wants to 'tilt' forward because the big heavy motor is hanging towards the front.

I used an extra jack stand and jack to hold it upright to make the switch but it certainly adds to hassle of doing the rear blocks.

Side note: My cart had bump stops on the rear springs that were easily re-installed on top of the mounting plate upon tightening everything up. This should be pretty self-explanatory if your cart has them.

I had to do a major amount of re-alignment on the front once I put on the new wheels/tires but I presume that's normal.

Hope this helps someone.
waveslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 07:50 PM   #6
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by waveslider View Post
I know this thread is pretty old but in case someone is searching (like I was recently) I thought I would update my experience.

I have a 2022-Mid-Year 2023 Cushman Hauler Elite.

I recently installed a RHOX 6" drop spindle lift for it - PArt No. LIFT-102

https://www.rhox.us/pc_product_detai...9CF697B231A2D5

The install seemed to go perfectly fine, and confirms that at least for my model year, was based on TXT platform.

The only thing that was slightly different from the instructions is that the rear brake cable and c-clip brackets on both sides were on the top of axle - and you have to swap the whole rear hub assemblies so that you can relocate the brake cable and brackets to the underside/bottom of the hubs.

This is best described by this guy:
https://youtube.com/shorts/lqVVKTpHE...i1hOTjVFMTkdd9

Its a pretty easy and straightforward switch over that requires you to cut zip ties and re-route the brake cables and a little adjustment - but generally pretty easy.

By swapping the hubs and moving the brackets to the underside, you are able to set the lift blocks on top of the axles properly.

I would say the only other thing that is a bit of a struggle is that the motors on this cart is "offset" a little which means when you disconnect the ubolts and shock attachment - the whole axle assembly wants to 'tilt' forward because the big heavy motor is hanging towards the front.

I used an extra jack stand and jack to hold it upright to make the switch but it certainly adds to hassle of doing the rear blocks.

Side note: My cart had bump stops on the rear springs that were easily re-installed on top of the mounting plate upon tightening everything up. This should be pretty self-explanatory if your cart has them.

I had to do a major amount of re-alignment on the front once I put on the new wheels/tires but I presume that's normal.

Hope this helps someone.
-------------------
Aren't the bump stops welded on top of the axle and in the way too?
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 11:51 AM   #7
waveslider
Not Yet Wild

Not on my cart they weren't.

The bump stops on my cart consist of a small block - that almost is like a mini lift block with a rubber bumper on it - that sat above the axle - and was only bolted on via the u-bolts that was easily re-positioned once the rear lifting blocks were added.

I'll try to get a pic and upload a bit later.
Old 12-29-2023, 12:05 PM   #8
waveslider
Not Yet Wild

Not sure about the pic upload but the yellow arrow shows the bump stop that was bolted on and just relocated easily to the top of the shock mount plate.

The red arrow shows the upper bump stop that IS welded on and is what the rubber stopper would hit if/when the springs are compressed all the way to the limit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2023-12-29 at 10.00.43_2e0aa458.jpg (116.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-29-2023, 12:49 PM   #9
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by waveslider View Post
Not sure about the pic upload but the yellow arrow shows the bump stop that was bolted on and just relocated easily to the top of the shock mount plate.

The red arrow shows the upper bump stop that IS welded on and is what the rubber stopper would hit if/when the springs are compressed all the way to the limit.
Had an ezgo 1200 that they were welded on and in the way for moving the springs to above the axle.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 02:30 PM   #10
waveslider
Not Yet Wild

Not surprised.

If there is one thing I've learned from the little bit of tinkering I've done with Golf carts its that all of them are put together like a Johnny Cash song...

One piece at a time..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ghn...Sw-r-V3FzSctKs
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts