lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2019, 03:53 PM   #101
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: How to build a $650 killer 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
I had to look back at which one I actually ordered. On page 18 of my Vc 460 build I picture the 3/8 or named the 10 mm version.I am running 3/8" hose to it and after it out the back of the cart.

Here are the ones we're using. You may want to rethink running the hose out into space. It would be better if you linked it into the air intake before the carburetor so it has a minor vacuum against it. That will make exhale easier.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-3-8-10...8AAOSwEaBZ9tPn
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2019, 04:55 PM   #102
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I see the racers don't do that. I am afraid it might hurt my intake signal some and also with my high filled crankcase more oil might end up in the combustion chamber ?
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 05:26 PM   #103
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
I see the racers don't do that. I am afraid it might hurt my intake signal some and also with my high filled crankcase more oil might end up in the combustion chamber ?
If you're running over 5000 rpm constantly you may have a problem with oil in your intake. The engines we're building are 2 different styles, when I listen to you yours is a higher revving race type engine turning 5000-6500. What I'm building is a low rpm - high torque engine 3500-4500 rpm.
Its not flat where I live and some hills are steep enough I can't increase my speed.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:49 PM   #104
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

That is true. I sort of aiming at a 3/4 race engine. At the end of the day I am looking for the cam timing to be the limiting factor @ 6000-6500 rpms.
Old 07-02-2019, 09:01 PM   #105
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I occasionally turn my 420cc up to
5600 rpm and if it would turn more I would for SHORT bursts my top speed is VERY disappointing which is why I’m going to change both clutches next time and hopefully 6500 rpm
BIKERMIKEYBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:38 PM   #106
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKERMIKEYBLACK View Post
I occasionally turn my 420cc up to
5600 rpm and if it would turn more I would for SHORT bursts my top speed is VERY disappointing which is why I’m going to change both clutches next time and hopefully 6500 rpm
I'm disabled and use my little truck I built to get around to my friends houses and do my visiting. The road I live on is a RV use roadway so I'm out as often as I can. What ever RPM I run it's a constant number cause I'm cruising - point a to point b -- I have a Nitrous System setup on my ride if I really want to go fast. 30 to 40 mph is furiously fast and fun.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:40 PM   #107
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
Here are the ones we're using. You may want to rethink running the hose out into space. It would be better if you linked it into the air intake before the carburetor so it has a minor vacuum against it. That will make exhale easier.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-3-8-10...8AAOSwEaBZ9tPn
Still wondering if a second one tapped into the valve cover would show some more power. Bought 2 valves and 2 NPT fittings when I bought them.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:53 PM   #108
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
I'm disabled and use my little truck I built to get around to my friends houses and do my visiting. The road I live on is a RV use roadway so I'm out as often as I can. What ever RPM I run it's a constant number cause I'm cruising - point a to point b -- I have a Nitrous System setup on my ride if I really want to go fast. 30 to 40 mph is furiously fast and fun.
Sort of the same situation here unless I have to go to the mainland or into the city I use the carts to get around the island unless the weather is bad.Funny the carts don't get much better gas mileage than the car. Had to make the gas and trash run today using the car.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:38 PM   #109
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Still wondering if a second one tapped into the valve cover would show some more power. Bought 2 valves and 2 NPT fittings when I bought them.
Remember we're getting to bounce on a vacuum - not positive pressure. This is why I said earlier that I'm considering going larger. I'm dreaming of making my own valve cover with a 1/2-3/4" npt check valve
Old 07-03-2019, 07:03 PM   #110
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

So with a second check valve if I can evacuate more air at the time of the down stroke would I not create a better vacuum ? I was pretty surprised by the extra power from installing the first one, let alone the increase from using the larger fitting in the valve cover.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps