lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2020, 01:34 AM   #51
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: BMV-700 Battery Management Meter Install!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmed View Post
OK, after reading this thread I went ahead and took the plunge on a BMV-712. I thought I had it hooked up right but something is not correct. The cart runs fine and it shows that the battery is discharging and an available time remaining that seems reasonable.

The problem Im having is in regards to showing the amount of recharge. I brought the cart home from a 25 minute or so ride and it showed 74% battery. I threw the charger on and everything seemed normal on the charger but the percent wasn't going up. So I let it sit for an hr or two and went back out and checked it and now it says 100% but I know it isn't 100% charged b/c my charger tells me when it is at 80% and when it is at 100% and it isn't even at 80% yet.

My cart is a 2016 Yamaha Drive G29. The batteries are Continental 2gc-8v that are less than 2 years old. I'm attaching pictures of my setup for reference.

I have the peukert set to 1.13 1.25
Battery Capacity to 170 Ah,
Charged voltage I set to 48 but the app seems to make it go to 52.8V on it's own Dishcarge floor to 50% 52.8
Tail current to 4%
Charged detection time = 3m
Charge efficiency Factor = 94%
Current Threshold 0.10A
Time-To-Go averaging period = 3m

Other settings:
Battery starts synchronized = on

Relay = Default
Low SOC relay 50% / 90%
-everything else in relay is either zero or disabled

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

(here is a google drive image link with a bigger image)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vIA...ew?usp=sharing
Sorry I didn't answer earlier but I've only just got to my cart to see my settings. If my values are different I've shown them in red otherwise they are the same as yours. My batteries are US Battery US8VGC (red). I can't say that I've looked at mine closely enough to see if it is doing what yours does. I'll keep an eye on it. I think it might show 100% when it is on charge.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2020, 02:05 AM   #52
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just recalculated my Peukert and it is 1.22 for the US batteries so I might tweek my setting. My batteries have C5=133 and C20=170. I think it might be different on the Trojans.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 08:27 AM   #53
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I would not read too much into the readings if you have them all programed correctly. I know every time I changed or initially programmed mine it took a few cycles to reset and the algorithms gain accuracy. As yo can see, there are a lot of inputs to the readings you see.

You definitely need to make all the settings correct, but do not fret when you see different numbers between the charger and the Vic. They are two totally different mechanisms and will not roll up the same as the pack is charging. When it is all completed, your Vic meter should give you the correct information.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 12:25 AM   #54
Texasmed
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

OK, Thanks for the replies everyone, I will keep an eye on it and see if it updates. I just mainly wanted to make sure that when it read, say 75% that it wasn't set up incorrectly and I was actually at something like 50%. Overall, I'm happy with the meter and the bluetooth was nice b/c I didn't really have anywhere on my dash to install the meter, so putting it under the seat was easy.
Texasmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:27 AM   #55
Texasmed
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So, I'm installing a 360W DC-DC converter to step down the 48V to 12V for my accessories. Do I wire it to the +/- battery terminal and go to the BMV block, or do I install it on the block itself?
Old 05-28-2020, 08:39 AM   #56
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Normally you would go to the pack + and -. Alternatively, you could go to the battery side solenoid post (+) and the B- (-) at the controller. It is not relative to the BMV.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:02 PM   #57
Texasmed
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
Normally you would go to the pack + and -. Alternatively, you could go to the battery side solenoid post (+) and the B- (-) at the controller. It is not relative to the BMV.
Great thanks!
Old 05-30-2020, 01:57 PM   #58
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Glad we could help...
Old 07-08-2020, 11:06 PM   #59
jetfixr
Not Yet Wild

I like it. How does the meter account for batteries losing capacity over time? 1 month old batteries would obviously have a more capacity then 4 year old batteries.
jetfixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:05 PM   #60
Agtoro
Not Yet Wild

Guys = I love this site - but ive been searching and am embarrassed as I am a total golf cart novice. I have bought and sold two new club car precedents in last three years cause i get so excited after reading all the cool things you all do and then screw up the cart and cant fix it..

so gonna ask a fist time question. I want to install a victron on a new lithium set up I bought and have no clue how..

where do I install the shunt? and dont use words like "load" etc.

Can someone tell me - do I install the black wire (neg) before the fist battery between the charging port and first battery - or after the last battery and the motor? or am I wrong on both... thanks guys

Basically
Agtoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car