lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2016, 08:24 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart won't climb ramps into truck. Normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGypsy View Post
Video attached! Multimeter plugged into the charger port. Starts at about 38 volts. Drops to around 34 volts under load, then down to as low as 31 volts when the cart stops at the top of the ramps.

Edit: video won't load, but voltages are noted above. I'll try to get the video to load tomorrow!
Those numbers indicate the batteries are okay
At wide open throttle the resistors are bypassed and the motor has a direct connection to the battery pack. What you see now for max power is all the motor has to offer. A conversion to solid state isn't going to make the motor any stronger unless you take advantage of the conversion to go to 48 volts preferably with 6/8v batteries not 8/6v because the eight batteries adds about 120#s to the rig. The added weight reduces the power to weight ratio.

This cart will go up the ramps with the stock motor on 48v. I hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2016, 12:46 AM   #12
IronGypsy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Cart won't climb ramps into truck. Normal?

Update: found the problem. The accelerator linkage was out of adjustment, so at wide open throttle, I was still on the 4th resistor instead of the bypass cable. I haven't tried to load it into the truck yet but it pulls MUCH better up the hills now!!
IronGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car