lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Drivers Clubs
Drivers Clubs Club Car/Ezgo/Yamaha/etc.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2007, 10:39 AM   #11
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: Golf car club of VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha4life View Post
Any back to seriousness...

If we can get like 20 people on here maybe we can do a big get together (at NO NO's house j/k) and go riding around.
I'd love to have it at my house so I wouldn't have to drive somewhere. Sadly, I don't have enough room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha4life View Post
And we will need a roll back to come as well to tow all the CC's home!
You never give up, do you? We will see what is what soon enough. I'm sure some cart will be getting towed at the event. But I am also sure that it won't be a Club Car. Their powertrain/suspension is bulletproof. No spun hubs or messed up input shafts like on some [lesser] carts.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2007, 10:46 AM   #12
NetMXer
Gone Wild

We could have it at my house but I'm not sure if I'm in the best location. I'm in extreme north west VA so if we get members in far eastern or south western VA, they would have to travel pretty far.

I've got 13 rolling acres in Shenandoah County with a motocross track. The farm that surrounds my property has lots of woods with logging trails. I could check with the farmer to see if he would mind some carts riding on the trails. His granddaughter already rides quads on those trails.
I'm also not too far from the Taskers Gap trails in the George Washington National Forest. I've never been there so I don't know if carts can handle those trails. Have you ever been there Aaron?
NetMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:46 AM   #13
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

The only on mine that could break is that stupid engine on the G2. It runs great when Im by myself but it breaks down every time we haul it somewhere...
Yamaha4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:50 AM   #14
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMXer View Post
We could have it at my house but I'm not sure if I'm in the best location. I'm in extreme north west VA so if we get members in far eastern or south western VA, they would have to travel pretty far.

I've got 13 rolling acres in Shenandoah County with a motocross track. The farm that surrounds my property has lots of woods with logging trails. I could check with the farmer to see if he would mind some carts riding on the trails. His granddaughter already rides quads on those trails.
I'm also not too far from the Taskers Gap trails in the George Washington National Forest. I've never been there so I don't know if carts can handle those trails. Have you ever been there Aaron?

Well I have 25 acres of hunting trails and about another 150 acres of farm land that we could ride on. Its really smooth and flat, and I also have a creek that runs through one of the trails that is fed off of a spring. Im not sure if Ive got the perfect location, but we will see...
Old 11-24-2007, 10:58 AM   #15
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

NetMXer, I haven't been to those trails. Are you talking about the ones that cross the road through Fort Valley? I've heard they're pretty rough and 4x4 is a must.

I'm all for riding at NetMXer's house. 25 minute drive for me.

On a side note, Y4l, do you turn the gas off when you take the G2 places? Honda engines are extremely picky about that. If you have to move them at all, turn the gas off and allow it to run until it runs out of gas so the lines and carburetor are dry.

A guy I used to work for had a GX340 on an industrial wood-processing wood splitter and if we moved that thing just the least little bit, we pretty much had to pull the spark plug and let it sit for an hour before even trying to start it.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:10 AM   #16
NetMXer
Gone Wild

Yes, those trails at the top of Edinburg Gap. I've only seen dirt bikes and quads there so I didn't know if carts could handle those trails.

Also, if you don't run pump gas, you may need to do what NO NO recommended also. A lot of the fuels that contain oxegenators corrode the carb.
NetMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:02 AM   #17
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO! View Post
NetMXer, I haven't been to those trails. Are you talking about the ones that cross the road through Fort Valley? I've heard they're pretty rough and 4x4 is a must.

I'm all for riding at NetMXer's house. 25 minute drive for me.

On a side note, Y4l, do you turn the gas off when you take the G2 places? Honda engines are extremely picky about that. If you have to move them at all, turn the gas off and allow it to run until it runs out of gas so the lines and carburetor are dry.

A guy I used to work for had a GX340 on an industrial wood-processing wood splitter and if we moved that thing just the least little bit, we pretty much had to pull the spark plug and let it sit for an hour before even trying to start it.

I havent had any trouble with that, I leave it on all the time. I have heard of another guy who had that problem. No see whats wrong now it thats the guy we bought the motor fromhad a bad gasket in the carb and instead of fixing it he ran it with the choke killing half its power and ruining the rings. So we bought the engine and fixed it over the summer. The rings are getting bad though so I guess that will be next weeks project.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:12 AM   #18
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

I couldnt help but notice that this thread is really slow.... I dont guess alot of people see it here.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:25 PM   #19
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Not everyone is from The Old Dominion.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:56 PM   #20
Car53WhereRU
Getting Wild

Club Car

Talking Re: Golf car club of VA

OK, I've been away for a while and just saw this. If you can put something together I will try to be there (I'll bring a looooooong extension cord) and take a ride with some of the Old Dominion group. Car53
Car53WhereRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Drivers Clubs