lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2021, 12:13 PM   #1
razewsda
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 93 EZGO Gas Intermittent Running Problem

When using the cart during a round of golf, the engine will not "rev up" and go from a dead stop - gas pedal can be pressed to floor and engine stays in low rpm (transmission in Forward mode). This occurs a few times a round. My work around to get back to moving is I put the transmission in Neutral, press the gas and engine revs right up like normal. I then put it back to Forward, press on gas pedal, engine revs up, and we are moving again!! Not sure what is happening? Thanks.
razewsda is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2021, 01:03 PM   #2
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 93 EZGO Gas Intermittent Running Problem

Sounds like the one or both of the clutches aren't operating properly. Sitting still, the front (Drive) clutch should be wide with the belt hanging loose, rear (driven) clutch should be closed with the belt tight between the sheeves even with the outer perimeter of the clutch. Next time it happens, lift the seat and take a photo of where the belt is sitting on the clutches so we can see which one and give some idea of what is going on.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:19 PM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 93 EZGO Gas Intermittent Running Problem

Is it actually running, or just turning on the starter? I think it's time to check the valve clearances.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO