lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2021, 11:30 PM   #1
EyeCya
Not Yet Wild

Default 2008 gas g29 input shaft bearing

I was getting a rattle noise while riding golf cart. Narrowed down to secondary clutch. Took the secondary clutch off and spun the input shaft and it sounds almost like you can hear the balls moving freely in the race when I spin the shaft by hand. Does the case need to be split to get the input shaft out on this transaxle? I’ve looked on the forums and I could not find anything. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
EyeCya is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2021, 09:13 AM   #2
matthd24
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2008 gas g29 input shaft bearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeCya View Post
I was getting a rattle noise while riding golf cart. Narrowed down to secondary clutch. Took the secondary clutch off and spun the input shaft and it sounds almost like you can hear the balls moving freely in the race when I spin the shaft by hand. Does the case need to be split to get the input shaft out on this transaxle? I’ve looked on the forums and I could not find anything. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
YES the case will need to be split to get a new input shaft in and out
matthd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:10 AM   #3
EyeCya
Not Yet Wild

Does the transaxle need to come out of the cart? Do you know of a guide that I can use to go by? Also can I just replace the bearing or do I need to get a whole new input shaft.
EyeCya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:00 PM   #4
matthd24
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Yes the whole transaxle will need to come out of the cart. You can download a repair manual online Depending on what the issue is you might be able to replace just the bearing or might need a whole new input shaft. Not sure have had to do one. In this parts diagram it does not break down just the bearing

http://www.adeptpowersports.com/oem-...W1-G6320-00-00
matthd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha