lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2021, 09:18 AM   #1
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Default Ezgo RXV

Trying to help a neighbor with a 2010 RXV. The golf cart has full pack voltage. When the accelerator pedal is pressed there is nothing. However there is what I will call a clicking noise that comes from a circular device under the run tow cover. I don’t here the solenoid click? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
hot-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2021, 09:11 AM   #2
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ezgo RXV

Any one out there with any ideas? How to test the solenoid? Thanks
Old 04-05-2021, 09:27 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Does the reverse buzzer work? Try pulling both pedals all the way up. They can get stuck at times and will cause it to fail the start up tests.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:01 AM   #4
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Yes the reverse buzzer does work. In a earlier post I mentioned that I do not here the solenoid click. Also the little round thing under the run tow switch makes a sound in forward or reverse. Thanks
Old 04-05-2021, 10:54 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well if the round thing has 2 large posts and 2 small that is the solenoid. Take a volt meter with the negative lead on pack negative and the positive lead and put it on the large post connected to the controller and see if it gets pack voltage when the pedal is pushed. If yes controller is probably bad. If no, put the meter leads on the 2 small terminals and see if you get pack voltage when the pedal is pushed. If not the controller is not telling the solenoid to activate.

PS. Be very careful as the RXV is a rolling computer and doesn’t take kindly to error.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:01 AM   #6
hot-shot
Gone Wild

The item that I am describing is about the diameter of a 50 cent piece. And about a 1/2 inch thick. There is one thing that I did find that is interesting. Someone changed the solenoid at some point. It’s a 48 volt cart and someone installed a 36 volt solenoid. I have ordered a new one.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:46 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

36 volt solenoid is correct for that cart. Does the round part look like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 37405DFC-5E3E-4F57-8073-1231FB90524B.jpg (36.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-07-2021, 11:30 AM   #8
rngilliland
Gone Wild

If the part you see under the cover is attached to the heat shield I think it is a temperature sensor. I haven't seen any posts where anyone has had a problem with it but if it failed I guess it might keep the cart from running.

On a RXV the solenoid closes when you turn the key. Then it stays closed and doesn't make any sound when you press the accelerator. When you first turn the key you should hear the solenoid closing and the cart should try to turn the motor to test the parking brake. Then when you press the accelerator from a stop you will hear a click. That is the parking brake releasing. I have had a solenoid that would close and then immediately open when I turned the key. Then the cart wouldn't do anything. After you turn the key on check the voltage from the large posts on the solenoid to the main ground. It should be the same on both posts with the key on.

If the solenoid is bad be sure and use a 36 volt replacement as stated above.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:35 AM   #9
Threeput
Gone Wild

Are you giving it enough time to do the sequence check...normally. put key in N,,,wait a couple of seconds...then switch to F or R then gently press pedal
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:47 AM   #10
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Yes the part is as pictured above. The cart will work intermittently. It will not work when that little device is making noise. What is that item and what does it do? Also why would that cart use a 36 volt solenoid instead of a 48 volt? Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO