lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2021, 10:24 AM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: I finally went with lithium... thanks to plowmans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopsMmm View Post
Your thread has been very helpful. I have a Precedent dead under my lean-to here in Michigan. Going to contact Plowmans tomorrow.
I think you’ll be happy you did great guy to do business with!

I took mine on a solid 10 mile ride yesterday because it was 80 degrees and why not allied gauge this morning said 72% after the cart test overnight. I’ve got zero complaints :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2021, 06:16 PM   #12
PorkChopsMmm
Not Yet Wild

Order placed. Mentioned there has been a huge backlog, but mine should be drop shipped in a week or two. Thanks for the recommendation!
PorkChopsMmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:43 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

This will probably be my final chart in my log. I’m pretty comfortable now with judging state of charge by watching my voltages since I’ve been pretty anal about it. I am still thrilled with the performance of the drop in kit. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a simple drop in and go kind of kit. I’m sure a custom built leaf kit could be a little cheaper and offer more performance than my little 60aH setup, but would also take a lot more time, tweaking, and caution. These are literally a simple drop in and go deal (minus bypassing the obc, no big deal).

Once I get around to upgrading the cables I’ll update if they make any difference. I doubt they will, the oem cables aren’t even a little bit warm after a long hard ride. But you never know
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 88B9011B-6832-4E7D-AD34-C5CB75E95C18.jpg (47.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-15-2021, 08:15 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Order placed. Mentioned there has been a huge backlog, but mine should be drop shipped in a week or two. Thanks for the recommendation!
Don’t forget, you’ll need to bypass the obc if you have one. Otherwise the controller may lock out operation if it doesn’t see a charge cycle from the oem charger.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:29 PM   #15
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default I finally went with lithium... thanks to plowmans!

[emoji106]
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:16 AM   #16
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm going to be due for batteries next year... I really hope price of lithium comes down by then!

My buddy next door is looking now and it's just not justifiable for our use around our acreage. We're not putting on 10+ miles (heck probably not even 6+) per use. Just bopping around to 2-3 houses on 20 acres with younger kids.

So, the payoff has to come from performance increase (and that's not even that important) and longevity of the pack (years of use). Right now, we can by 2 sets of FLA for the cost of Lithium.

If I could get lithium for $1,000 I'd entertain the idea.
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 08:11 AM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzIndyGo View Post
I'm going to be due for batteries next year... I really hope price of lithium comes down by then!

My buddy next door is looking now and it's just not justifiable for our use around our acreage. We're not putting on 10+ miles (heck probably not even 6+) per use. Just bopping around to 2-3 houses on 20 acres with younger kids.

So, the payoff has to come from performance increase (and that's not even that important) and longevity of the pack (years of use). Right now, we can by 2 sets of FLA for the cost of Lithium.

If I could get lithium for $1,000 I'd entertain the idea.
I hear you completely! But... After selling my old batteries, charger, and OBC I’m into them for around $1200. Worth every penny

For me personally, it’s not the range or performance I was looking for. Those are bonus. My biggest gripe about electric carts (and the reason I’ve never cared for them) is to maintain a healthy battery pack they require a ton of care. Drive it 10 minutes, charge it. Drive it 10 miles. Charge it. Check the water. Check this and that. Seems you always have to have the **** thing plugged in or you’ll be spending another $800+ in batteries way sooner than you would otherwise.

The biggest reason I wanted lithium is that they’re basically zero maintenance. Charge it when they get low and otherwise don’t worry about them. No watering, no worrying about getting home and plugging them in. Winter storage will be easy. And they have an 8 year warranty Yes they do go faster than they did before and have noticeably more torque. And range is double what I had before. But that’s just the cherry on top for me. I like being able to just hop in like my gas carts and go. Come home and park it. I don’t have much time during the week to drive it because of work, but I’ll charge it Thursday evening (full charge takes about 2 hours) and it’s good for the whole weekend.
Old 04-16-2021, 08:32 AM   #18
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I don't expect cost of Lithium to come down quickly. But 2X the cost of FLA is worth it if you factor in that they should last 2X as long. No acid leakage and corrosion to deal with, huge weight savings, etc. The only down side is that they can never be over charged or over discharged. The BMS helps with that.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:30 PM   #19
PorkChopsMmm
Not Yet Wild

Plowman's said the batteries should start drop shipping on Monday from Missouri. Getting excited!
PorkChopsMmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 04:19 PM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Plowman's said the batteries should start drop shipping on Monday from Missouri. Getting excited!
You’re gonna love them

I’d you haven’t already, mows a good time to bypass your OBC so when they come in all you have to do is drop em in, charge em up, and go. They ship around 60% charge so don’t take too awfully long to charge up. Think mine said they were full at about an hour.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car