lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2021, 08:11 AM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Predator 670 - open box deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGuy85 View Post
Update: My waiting paid off. Harbor Freight marks down their open box deals every 14 days, so I went this morning got it for $445. Opened up a harbor freight credit card for an extra 10% off so $430 tax included.
Also found out that the guy who originally purchased never started it because he couldn’t get the mounting holes to line up and the crank wasn’t the right size. Check the oil from the dipstick and it’s bone dry and doesn’t smell like gas at the filter.
I’ll be testing it the next 5 days to make sure it’s all good
I'd say you made a good decision. Chances are if you didn't pick that up, someone else would have. You'll like the power and sound. I found it to be quieter than my 23 Vanguard. Plenty of power for a golf cart. I also liked the way the throttle linkage was, seems they put more thought into it than Briggs, it's really very universal and easy to hook up to almost anything.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2021, 10:55 PM   #12
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I picked a 670 vertical shaft last year for my Zero Turn that was still on crate. I gave $350 on Marketplace and took a chance. So far it has been a good purchase. Much more powerful and quieter than the single cylinder Kohler that was on it. When I bought it HF was asking over $1000 for the vertical shaft. For some reason they don't show the vertical shaft on the website.
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 10:04 AM   #13
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

It was there before as the predator 708. Maybe with the virus they are not being produced
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 12:52 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The clones I bought had oil in them but drained out. I don't recall any fuel in the carb or tank.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!